00 1.7 Heater fan will not turn off - Bilgewater
Hi. The heater fan on my wifes Ford Puma has started running continously. It runs faster on position 4 but seems to run at speed 3 on all other positions including the off position. The temperature control and air conditioning are working ok.
Looking at the diagram there is a wire from the heater control module, but that connects to the position 1 slow fan speed.
Could the heater blower resistor cause this problem? It usually causes the fan to stop working on positions 1 to 3.
Has anyone ever experienced this problem on a Puma or Fiesta?
00 1.7 Heater fan will not turn off - elekie&a/c doctor
An unusual fault,but I think a look at the fan speed resistor in the passenger footwell would be the first check.Inspect for any overheated/melted terminals.If I recall,the connection to fan speed 1 from heater panel is to allow the a/c to be switched on only when a fan speed has been selected.hth.
Thanks for the help.
I disconnected the blower resistor pack today. It all seems ok. So at least she can switch the fan off but only has speed 4.
There's power coming from the switch even in the off position so It must be a faulty switch or circuit board, or a short circuit in the wiring.
I disconnected the switch today and all was ok. Checked the wiring ok. Put it back together and connected the resistor and it now works fine. Very strange.