Hertz Grade 'C' rental cars - a900ss
Guys,

I've got a Grade 'C' rental car from Hertz, a Fiat Bravo and it's front tyres are getting quite low (approx 2mm). I'll probably have a rental car for another month, maybe longer and I'm interested to know what cars Hertz have given out as Grade 'C' cars if I ask for an exchange.

The official website lists a 1.6 Focus but it might be a case of keeping the devil you know.

This Bravo is a 1.9 diesel so really economical and also reasonably well equipped (cruise, rear parking sensors, USB stick for my music and a bluetooth connection for my mobile phone). It does handly quite poorly in my opinion though, is quite noisy and also it is quite a tight fit inside.

So, if you have had a grade C car from Hertz recently, can you let me know what you got.

Thanks
Hertz Grade 'C' rental cars - bazza1603
I ordered 2 group C recently CDMN with Europcar

Got the following upgrades

59 Plate Mondeo 2.0 Diesel 6 speed Auto.
09 Plate Vauxhall Insignia SRi CDTI 6 speed

Preferred the Vauxhall which was nicer in many ways, and I didnot want to return it...

Just range the branch and asked whats the chances of a diesel were so I could use my fuel card!

Baz

Hertz Grade 'C' rental cars - Altea Ego
I was given a Ceed at Glasgow airport.
Hertz Grade 'C' rental cars - whoopwhoop
I'd call the branch and remind them (politely) that you are a (relatively) long term customer and that you are surprised that a quality company such as Hertz, are knowingly hiring out cars which stand a reasonable chance that they will be illegal by the time the hire is terminated.

Then ask them what they can do to "make the situation right".

I once had an accident in the company car and was given a hire car (not Hertz) - a 2.4 JTd Alfa 156 with that lovely red leather interior. Lovely car except (a) it was January and therefore icy/snowy and (b) the tyres were borderline illegal. It was a nightmare - two hundred and something BHP in a front wheel drive car with slicks and sluch do not make a great combination! Needless to say it was sent back pronto and a nice brand new Audi A8 was given to me to make sure I kept schtumm!