unlimited extras but no choice of drivers seat - dieseldogg
Other than in BMW/Mercedes, orthopedic seats at a swinging price.
Plus i am firmly convinced that too many car designers are now designing cars for WOMEN with short legs therefore a short seat squab.
which leaves a goodly portion of my legs unsupported
plus why is Volvo about the only manufacturer to recognise that the seat squab need to be tiltable, fore & aft as well as height adjustable

Me I still got a good old fashioned big bottomed businessmans seat out of an old Vauxhall Carlton, this bolt into an old 4wd.
but man it's still a quare proper comfy seat
Grrrr

Edited by dieseldogg on 09/10/2009 at 10:09

unlimited extras but no choice of drivers seat - cheddar
plus why is Volvo about the only manufacturer to recognise that the seat squab need
to be tiltable fore & aft as well as height adjustable

My Mondeo seat squab is electrically tiltable fore & aft as well as height adjustable etc.
unlimited extras but no choice of drivers seat - DP
My Mondeo seat squab is electrically tiltable fore & aft as well as height adjustable
etc.

Big improvement on the old shape which used to raise and lower the back of the squab. If you needed extra seat height (which thankfully I didn't), you'd be tilting forwards.

I love Fords, but on the older models, the seats have historically been dreadful. I still rate my old mk1 Focus LX as having the worst seats of any mass production car I have experienced. mk4 and 5 Fiestas were also dreadful, and the mk1/2 Mondeos were horrible for shorter drivers. Nothing against the cars - they were superb machines, but a big limitation if you cover higher mileages.

I have to agree that Volvo seats are fabulous. The S60 doesn't have front seats, it has armchairs. I'd have them in my lounge quite happily :-)

>> My Mondeo seat squab is electrically tiltable fore & aft as well as height
adjustable
>> etc.
Big improvement on the old shape >>

Mine is Mk III not Mk IV.
But electrically adjusted = high trim level = expensive
And I never looked at a Mondeo, cos Ford have got tooooooo dammed expensive, new
i wish to purchase a run of the mill car with a decent adjustable seat
& what i was getting at was why will mainstream manufacturers not provide the OPTION of a different from the bog standard, reasonably priced, multi-adj seat on more models
OTHER than on the more/most expensive models in their ranges
But electrically adjusted = high trim level = expensive

Ghia X though seven years old so quite affordable, a late model Mk III Ghia X could a a great buy.
unlimited extras but no choice of drivers seat - Altea Ego
Ghia X though seven years old so quite affordable a late model Mk III Ghia
X could a a great buy.

You are not saying that becuase you are selling it due to a new company car are you ched?

Anyway. VAG seats - Superb. 1000 eurpoean miles in two days, fresh as a daisy.
Well of course my dear old 1998 Galaxy is a VW, mostly
Having spent 206000/33mph=6242.42424242recurring hrs/24 = 260 days in the drivers seat, engine running and perhaps 50% more with the ignition killed, so say I have sat in the seat for a twelvemonth over the past 11 years. WOW
Its a cracking good seat
Slight wear to the side bolster is all
I wonder if I took it ( the Galaxy seat) along and tried if the trade would let me see if it would fit in some of the cars I have been assessing?
jat
M
>>>> You are not saying that becuase you are selling it due to a new company car are you ched?>>

Nope, not selling, so dont even bother with an offer RF !