04 1.9 diesel misfire when wet or raining - focusman
hi
friend having problem with his audi a4 diesel.
generally in getting into car after it has been raining or driving whilst it is raining the car makes all the noises of missfiring, spluttering, black smoke and loss of power. once it stops raining or left over night and is dry the next day it runs fine, power returns no sputtering and no smoke. had it in the local garage who can't find anything wrong.
any ideas.
thanks in advance
04 1.9 diesel misfire when wet or raining - Peter.N.
Sounds as though the moisture is affecting a sensor or ECU.
04 1.9 diesel misfire when wet or raining - Peter D
Run the enfbine till hot, use a hand garged spray bottle and spray water into the air intake and see if this triggeres the mis-fire. However I suspect this only happen on load and I would initially suspect the MAF as faulty. Aslo check the seal is intact in the connector at the back of the head as this may be injesting water. Also post this on the .vwaudiforum.co.uk in the appropriate section. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 07/10/2009 at 14:39

04 1.9 diesel misfire when wet or raining - Hamsafar
Faulty injector wiring harness is where I would put my money.
www.google.com/search?q=audi+injector+wiring+harne...2

Edited by Hamsafar on 07/10/2009 at 18:33

04 1.9 diesel misfire when wet or raining - kaj
Wiring loom on injectors could require changing. Part costs approx £68.
Wiring becomes brittle and cracks causing a cylinder or cylinders to misfire intermittently. Easily changed and instantly cured my engine idling/loss of power problems.
04 1.9 diesel misfire when wet or raining - Kurnelk

Hi focusman,

Did your friend get to the bottom of his problem? Mine's doing exactly the same, been in the garage twice and still not found the problem.

It wouldn't be such a problem if I didn't live in Manchester... it tends to rain a bit here!

Cheers.