02 1.9 Anti Pollution Fault after changing engine - kcl42
Hi, I'm new to the forum which I've been searching for the last 24 hours or so to try and get an answer to a problem that quite a few people have had with some great responses so here goes. I have a 52 plate 307 HDi 110 with 68K on the clock. 2 days ago I had to have the off-side lower engine mount replace after it failed casuing all sorts of banging noises etc. I paid the £240 repair bill and headed home in the rush hour traffic only to notice that there was no power and the turbo wasn't kicking in at around 1800 revs. I couldn't really confirm this (due to traffic) until the next morning when I drove along a dual carriageway and was able to put my foot down. No turbo, no power, revs wouldn't go much above 3000 and then the engine diagnostic light and the ESP/ASR light came on the dash with the Antipollution Fault dispayed on the console and the audible alarm. Phoned the repair garage (who did the engine mount) who said they could have disturbed a sensor when taking the wheel and drive shaft out etc and the wheel sensor links into the same system. When I got back in the car several hours later the ESP/ASr had recovered leaving just the Antipollution Fault and the engine diagnostic light on and still no power. So my question is, could something have been disturbed that could be a quick fix or is this going to cost me a small fortune for a new FAP as seen on other posts? Any help in this matter would be much appreciated, thank you in advance
02 1.9 Anti Pollution Fault after changing engine - Armitage Shanks {p}
I own a Pug just like yours and have obviously been seriously lucky and I can't help with ideas on the faults you are suffering. However, I think that FAPs are now available on an exchange scheme @ about £150; if you need one. Is the 'repair garage' a pug agent? I think only a main agent with all the diagnostic kit will be able to fix this, or a diesel speiclaist in your area.

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 03/10/2009 at 10:32

02 1.9 Anti Pollution Fault after changing engine - kcl42
Hi Armitage Shanks, thanks for the reply. I'm taking the car back to the engine mount repair garage who aren't a Peugeot agent unfortunately, just to make sure that they haven't disturbed anything. When I rang them about the fault, they did say they'd had this before on other cars so fingers crossed it may be something simple. Failing that, it'll be off to my local Pug dealer for full diagnostics and fix. It would be good if you're right about the FAP exchange scheme as £150 ish is a lot better than £400. I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again
02 1.9 Anti Pollution Fault after changing engine - HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin
Your Fap filter is about £270
02 1.9 Anti Pollution Fault after changing engine - DishonestJack
Anti-pollution fault appeared on our car, put it into our local independent garage, they eventually came back saying that whoever had worked on the engine before had routed the engine electrical harness in such a way that it was too tight, then when the engine rocked in normal use it was causing connections to be broken.
They rerouted the harness and all has been well since.
So, if they did disturb the harness, it could give this fault. It's one possible reason, anyway.