97 1.2 car speakers - vin
Hi does anyone know which terminal is positive and negative on the back of a car speaker. theres a broad terminal and a narrow one, I know its sometimes stamped plus and minus on the terminals but not on these. thanks
97 1.2 car speakers - SpamCan61 {P}
It doesn't make any difference, provided you are consistent between all the speakers you connect.
97 1.2 car speakers - bell boy
actually SpamCan61 {P} i disagree as the positive side throws the speaker cone out rather than pulls it in
i agree in a car its of no real relevance but in a home hi fi i would want it right
a quick setup of a 1.5 volt battery to the cone would soon show by the cone going out rather than in

as usual caveat umpar

ps big terminal i would consider positive
97 1.2 car speakers - Rattle
It makes a big difference, if I wire my HIFI up wrong (e.g swap the terminals) the bass suddenly becomes overblown mid range, the vocals dissapear behind thick curtains and the treble is awful.

That said the standard speakers in the Corsa B are so damn awful I doubt it would make much difference. Like all small cars of the time a horrible tinny sound but then I can't really compare to my HIFI seperates system which is what I am doing.