1996 fuel pump fuse - timdb
hi,having problem with the fuel pump fuses blowing,i have taken the pump out and inspected it for bottom of tank gunk,it seemed ok but didnt sort the problem out,am going to check the voltage to pump to see if relay is playing up,it will be hard to check as the fuse may last a day or a month!i will also check the resistance at the output of the fuse so as to check the wire,any other ideas?thanks.
1996 fuel pump fuse - elekie&a/c doctor
An intermittant fuse blowing on a particular circuit can be very time consuming and difficult to trace.However it is possible to rewire the pump circuit on a temporary basis direct from a fuse box ignition supply via an independent in-line fuse direct to the fuel pump connector.It is neccesary to cut off the original supply wire to the pump.At least this way it will be possible to establish if it is indeed the pump that is at fault or if the problem is elsewhere.hth
1996 fuel pump fuse - timdb
thanks elekei&a/c doctor,i will try that.
1996 fuel pump fuse - 659FBE
If your car has a petrol engine, make absolutely sure that there are no petrol fumes anywhere whilst you are making or breaking electrical connections.

One spark and all problems may be fixed for good.

1996 fuel pump fuse - Audi369
Fuel pump Fuse Blowing on B5 Audi.
I have done as suggested by connecting the fuel pump directly to the battery via the ignition switch.The fuses still keep blowing.I have however found that the fuses blow ONLY when the fuel tank is below half full. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.