Corsa Acceleration Problem - Ferrino
I have recently been experiencing really hesitant acceleration on my '97 Corsa (1.2l 8V single-point fuel injection).

Throttle response has really deteriorated and has got to the point where I can sometimes floor the throttle and get zero rise in engine revs! It usually happens when I get back onto the throttle after changing gears - there is a lag phase when there is no response, and then suddenly the engine kicks in! I usually have to hold the throttle down and just wait for the power to return!

I am at a loss to figure out why this happens - it is as if the fuel injector is being starved of fuel for a moment and then suddenly the fuel arrives. Or perhaps starved of air for a moment?

The ignition is fine - I replaced the plugs today.

Can anyone help out?

Cheers!
Corsa Acceleration Problem - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
I assume that the MIL light does not come on? Carefully check the tailpipe with a decent torch for bits of wadding coming out of the rear silencer, had a few of these now. Otherwise could be a lazy O2 sensor but you would need a good multimeter or oscilloscope to check its output. Less likely is the throttle position sensor. Check also the pipe from the base of the throttle body to the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor on the bulkhead. Make sure it is not kinked or blocked with 'sludge'.
Corsa Acceleration Problem - Ferrino
Thanks a lot for the advice - I am pretty sure the MIL light is not coming on, but I will double-check! I will perform the silencer and sensor checks which you detailed (where possible).

I was wondering where the best place to get the electronics checked out is? Is it best to go to my Vauxhall dealer, or will any garage do the checks?

By the way, I have also checked all air trunking from the air filter box to the throttle body for breaks/tears which may disturb the induction vacuum (or whatever it is), but this doesn't appear to be faulty.

Many thanks.