01 2.0 central locking isn't - maz64
Just started happening today (after new tyre fitted - presumably a coincidence?) - when I try to lock the car using the button on the key fob, everything locks but then unlocks immediately after. Have to lock it using the key. Battery in fob replaced fairly recently.

Any ideas?

Cheers
F (2.0 Ghia estate)
01 2.0 central locking isn't - L'escargot
It could be caused by a door or the boot lid not being closed properly. Similarly it could happen if there is not electrical contact between the boot lid and the lock in the body. It happened on mine when my boot liner got caught between the lid and the body.
It could be caused by a door or the boot lid not being closed properly.

Thanks, but went round opening/closing all doors and boot but couldn't spot anything. I'm hoping it's just going to clear up on its own.
01 2.0 central locking isn't - elekie&a/c doctor
One of the front door latches/actuators is faultly.If everything locks ok from key in drivers door ,then I would suspect this one to be the problem.What happens if the car is locked with the key from the pass door?hth
One of the front door latches/actuators is faultly.

Bingo - I think you've hit the nail on the head there. The behaviour has slightly changed now - locking the car using the fob results in it locking (and not unlocking), but the driver's doer remains unlocked. Similarly, if I then lock it manually and unlock it using the fob, the driver's door remains locked.

Oh well - could be worse I suppose. Any idea how much it might cost to fix?