Main Dealer service- 1st step hire a Hercules plan - Falkirk Bairn
King of Morocco wanted it done properly so he hired a Hercules transport plane to take it to Newport Pagnell.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindian...l

I am sure a local indie could have saved him some cash
Main Dealer service- 1st step hire a Hercules plan - TheOilBurner
I know exactly where's he coming from. I wonder if I knock on the door at Ellesmere port they'll be so helpful with our Zafira? ;)
Main Dealer service- 1st step hire a Hercules plan - henry k
Some things are not new.

Decades ago when I was working in Brunei Darussalam the king was having many, if not all, of his many cars transported by air to Singapore and the like for servicing.
Some of his aircraft were convertible to horse boxes to fly his polo ponies abroad.

edit
By many I mean

jalopnik.com/379855/a-garage-fit-for-a-king-the-be...n

Edited by henry k on 24/09/2009 at 13:27

Main Dealer service- 1st step hire a Hercules plan - Altea Ego
The Sultan of Oman's VC10 is now at Brooklands museum (it nudged my TV aerial off my roof when it landed) . It has a very large cargo door cut in the side. The luxury fittings would be removed, and his cars and or horses could be loaded in instead.
Main Dealer service- 1st step hire a Hercules plan - bell boy
brrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrr
hello is that King of Morocco?
its the garage here
your discs and pads are worn
what do you want us to do
your very highnuss
Main Dealer service- 1st step hire a Hercules plan - Armitage Shanks {p}
FR - without taking the gloss off your tale I can assure you that it is very unlikely that the King/Emir/Sultan of any Middle Eastern country would hire a Hercules! He'd ring up the Commander of his Air Force and say "Oi - I want my car in Uk for servicing this time tomorrow and don't crash".
Main Dealer service- 1st step hire a Hercules plan - helicopter
I work in the Middle east a lot ..

The Emirates , Qatar , Bahrain, Kuwait etc around the Gulf have the highest per capita incomes in the world due to huge deposits of oil and natural gas.

I would imagine it is probably cheaper to fly the service engineer and his equipment to the country where the car is.

The King / Emir / Sultan would not even bother himself with such trivial matters.

He will probably be worrying about who is plotting to overthrow him ( in all likelihood the commander of his armed forces ie his brother , son, or cousin) .
Main Dealer service- 1st step hire a Hercules plan - Blue {P}
Think you're missing the point there though, it is nothing to do with cheapness, there are perfectly competent Aston Martin dealerships in the Kingdom, this is about status, and flying the car back to the factory for a service comes with a certain amount of status!
Main Dealer service- 1st step hire a Hercules plan - rtj70
I know Rolls Royce years ago setup servicing centres in countries where the super rich were. I'm talking about long before VW/BMW took over parts of the company. They may still do but I know someone who used to work for Rolls Royce and will have spent some time in one of these places.

I think Blue is right about a status thing.