Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - heron 71
Good afternoon.I bought a car couple of month ago.I was told it was CAT D and it was repaired by main dealer.After chassing for the log book i found out it was a CAT B.The seller told me the insurance company told them it was CAT D but then register it CAT B.I dont understand all this.Is the car legal now?What do i have to do?Never got the log book from the seller.Please help.
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - oldnotbold
Once declared Cat B the car must never be used on the road again, though components may be salvaged from it.

I'm amazed the seller still had it to sell. What HPI checks did you do?
the car had water damaged.he told me the insurance company will give it a cat d.i know the seller very well and took his word.after asking for the log book a few times with no joy i did a hpi check.there in stated cat b.
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - J500ANT
Cant you export it to Africa or somewhere that wont worry about it being a total loss?
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - bell boy
you need to find out what insurance company wrote it off
you need to find out the assesers name and address so you can ask him if he catagorised it as a d but somehow it got listed as a b (i had one a few years back)
if he confirms he listed it as a d then he will need to send a letter on official company paperwork to both swansea dvla and hpi
you also need to speak to dvla to push for this
easier answer?
apply for a vic check via vosa and take it for the test at £41, once passed you can then apply for a log book to swansea quoting the vic passed number on the v5c application

simples see
hi there.thanks for your reply.the guy that wrote it off has left the insurance company i was told.i think i have been con by the seller.
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - rtj70
Phoned the insurance company yet? Sounds like you may have been conned.

But do you have the new V5C in your name?
hi rtj70.thank you for the reply.ok here is the details.i gave the seller the car back after i found out its a catb.he told me that he will refund or get me a similar car.now its 3 months and he failed .the road tax as expired.how do i get a v5c?
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - oldnotbold
Time to talk to your solicitor, or issue a Small Claims Court action.
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - jacks
easier answer?
apply for a vic check via vosa and take it for the test at £41
once passed you can then apply for a log book to swansea quoting the vic
passed number on the v5c application
simples see

If the VIC confirms the car as a Cat B- will they still give the form allowing a V5 to be issued?

I thought the VIC was only to check the cars identity (ie - not a ringer).

If it's a cat B - it's still a cat B? or have I missed something obvious ??

J
idea of vic check is to cut down on crime so although technically a cat b cant go back on the road if you got it via the insurance company then there is no reason that after the vic check swansea can refuse a log book
the insurance company obviously have some questions to ask if they are an abi member because yes indeed this car as a cat b should have gone to a registered car breaker only and the shell destroyed after its been cherry picked
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - Altea Ego
Get rid. The last thing you want is a flood damaged car.
agreed AE
its the salmonella in the seat squabs
plus untold damage in the electrics as they are turning green as we speak
pop--------------did you hear that capacitor just go ;-)
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - rtj70
His reply to me above suggest he gave it back 3+ months ago and the dealer failed to find an alternative. So he is without the car or replacement. Solicitor springs to mind.
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - Another John H
simples see

compare the Merc cat?
Bought a cat b but was told it was a cat d - Martin Devon
You lot are about as helpful as a Rattle Snake in a lucky dip! Or unlucky in this case!!