Which Ins Co's ask you for 4 year claims history? - Nsar

Most seem to ask for 5 years (cretianly Compare the AMrket and GoCoampre do) but Aviva only asks for 4 years. As my last claim is now over 4 years old I'd rather focus my attentions in the direction.

Is it only Aviva and Direct Line who aren't on the comparison sites?

Which Ins Co's ask you for 4 year claims history? - valmiki
I'm in the same boat - but my accident was by a 3rd party hitting me so there was virtually no difference in policy cost for me.

Are you seeing a big difference? The fact that there are more insurers that use 5 year limits may provide incentive for cheaper premiums.
Which Ins Co's ask you for 4 year claims history? - Steve Pearce
This year when getting quotes I almost based my decision only on the large comparison sites, best they came up with was around £260 (my current company wanted closer to £500 to renew + £80 extra to pay by installments!). I almost didn't bother with Direct Line and Aviva, but I'm glad I did. Aviva quoted me £229 for the same cover, I snatched their hands off.
Which Ins Co's ask you for 4 year claims history? - Falkirk Bairn
DL are on Comparison sites under their "Privilege" name.

Similarly Aviva will provide cover for other names - Brokers name appears but Aviva actually provide the cover - Saga covers my MiL's home but cover is Norwich Union(Aviva) - I imagine they will do the same with Motor cover.
Firstly let me apologise for the frankly rubbish typing in my OP. Very sloppy.

I'm not seeing a huge difference to be honest as the policy is hugely skewed by the main driver being 21. I was amused by some quotes on the comparison sites being about £1k more than the value of the car.

It's more a pride thing to be honest. I feel deeply aggrieved that me being blamelessly shunted from behind (in my main car on a completely seperate policy) by some twerp nearly five years ago can in any way influence the probability of my needing claim on a car which I drive maybe 10 times a year for a total of about 200 miles
Which Ins Co's ask you for 4 year claims history? - jbif
Which Ins Co's ask you for 4 year claims history? >>

Privilege and esure are two companies that advertise that it is prerequisite that new clients have 4 years no claims to qualify for their low prices.
In fact when you go to the esure site, one of the qusetions on the first page is:
"Do you have any motoring claims, accidents or losses in the last 3 years?".

Just on the D Line site and it only asks for claims I have made in last 3 years so that's good. What's disturbing is that nowhere does it ask me who the main driver will be of the names I have put in, so its quote is about 25% less than the others because it I suppose it's assuming that I am the main driver.

I think that's wrong as I am sure that when I call them and double check the quote with regard to who the main driver is, I think it will go up.

Which Ins Co's ask you for 4 year claims history? - a900ss
Does it really matter if it's 4 years or 5 years? The only thing that I'm interested in is the final premium, not how they calculate it.

Good luck.
Yes, because as far as one company is concerned I have a claims history, with another no claims.

Yes I know that all info on claims is shared, so why bothering asking at all if they take all known cliams into account irrespective of when it happened and on which policy?
Which Ins Co's ask you for 4 year claims history? - L'escargot
The only thing that
I'm interested in is the final premium not how they calculate it.

I'm interested in the quality of the insurance policy cover, as well as the nett premium.