Most spacious boot? Galaxy or Touran? - NeilF
We plan on getting a second hand car (2006ish) for the family. One of the main requirements is that in 5 seat config it has as much room in the boot as possible.

Now the Touran is listed as having 695litres which is lots more than the Galaxy. This confuses me as the Galaxy appears to be larger?

Anyone seen both of these cars and comment on the (standard) boot space?

We'd also be interested in the Grand Picasso but they just a bit out of our price range (£7-8K) at the moment...
Most spacious boot? Galaxy or Touran? - Marc
I take it at 7-8k you're referring to the previous model Galaxy (same as the VW Sharan and SEAT Alhambra)

In five seat configuration (ie with the two rearmost boot seats removed) you will have a massive boot together with three proper full width seats in the rear able to take any child restraints.

The Touran is in a size class down and it has slimmer rear row of seats. Check all your restraints will fit. Even with rearmost seats 6 and 7 not in use I really can't see it having more boot space than the Galaxy.

When we looked at these kind of cars the Galaxy/Sharan won hands down. It's a bigger vehicle all round.

Edited by Marc on 06/09/2009 at 12:54

Most spacious boot? Galaxy or Touran? - oldtoffee
If the Touran has 695 then the Galaxy must have 1,000+ it is much bigger and as Marc says has 3 proper seats in the back. Apart from an Espace (don't!) I'd imagine it has the most space for your money. They drive ok too, borrowed one to go to France last year, very comfy and 40mpg with a 115bhp diesel.
Most spacious boot? Galaxy or Touran? - valmiki
I think you're perhaps confusing the boot volume with rearmost seats up and down, as most reviews quote the two?