LED Lighting eg Range Rover - Flat in Fifth
Not sure if this should be in Technical / Discussion but........

Pleased to see that LED lighting is coming in, esp on commercial vehicles.

It is clear that for PCV/HGV the motivation is lower maintenance costs, in that the price of the bulb is not the only factor but also cost of fitter's time, cost of vehicle off road and so on.

So wondered when this technology was going to filter down onto normal cars and get rid of the high frequency we all see of cars diving round with light(s) out.

Seen quite a few of the new Range Rover, but yesterday was the first time I'd followed one. LED rear lights I noticed, great.

One thing I didn't like though was that the amber indicator LED's appeared to be in a single layer ring around the brake lights. Fine when just indicators on, but when braking and indicating not quite so visible.

Anyone else noticed this effect or was it just me?
LED Lighting eg Range Rover - Cyd
No FiF it's not just you. I also believe the current trend of fitting small indicators inboard of headlights is bad too, since it's difficult to see the indicator working when the headlights are on.

These things are driven by style and in my view detrimental to safety. Unfortunately, it's legal since the intensity and position on the car are assessed individually for each lamp not relative to each other.
LED Lighting eg Range Rover - David Lacey
Dangerous and crazy IMO

Borrowed a TD6 Range Rover last weekend, very nice but not sure if I'd want to spend £47K on one......
MG-Rover Questions? forums.mg-rover.org/