Suzuki Swift: Washer Jet delay - Rob E
Dear all,

I now own a 95M Suzuki Swift 1.0GC 5dr, which I've had for about 3 weeks and am so far delighted with it. The only problem is with the front washer jets: you have to engage the jets for ages before anything happens, and then when it does the water comes out as drips and then builds up to something more akin to a jet. It may be a consequence of the car having sat on a forecourt for a month, but all the same I don't think it's a blockage as the jets do work... eventually.

Any ideas on what to do and how to go about doing it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rob E.
Suzuki Swift: Washer Jet delay - Dave_TD
Check where the hose from the washer bottle runs around the engine bay to the bonnet. You'll probably find it's split or cracked somewhere near the bottle, or the bottle itself is cracked where the hose fits on to it.
Get someone else to operate the washers while you look around and underneath the engine - before the water gets to the screen it's filling up the empty pipe, once it gets to the screen it's ok, when they stop squirting the screen the water will run back downhill and out of the split, so you should get a puddle under the car.
All you have to do is find where it's coming from, and repair or replace the offending part. Halfords sell lengths of hose, washer pumps and repair kits, it's one of those jobs that won't be too expensive but can take a little while to do properly.
Good luck!
Suzuki Swift: Washer Jet delay - Cyd
Could be that the one way valve has failed, or there isn't one fitted. New ones can be had from Halfords.