Car not crushed. - Old Navy
We discuss at length people having their cars needlessly confiscated, this could be a more normal situation. Returning from a late grandchild sit at 1am this morning I picked up a traffic car behind me at a roundabout, we were the only cars on the road at the time. It followed me for about 2 miles, (heading towards the local police canteen from the motorway). I made a point of driving normally, speed limit +5, across several roundabouts untill I turned off. Although I was probably checked on a myriad of databases, and had my driving assesed for booze/drugs, as far as I could tell I was ignored. Good job it wasnt next month, insurance renewal time and off the MID for a week! :-)
Car not crushed. - 1400ted
Your post reminded me to check Askmid on the car I changed the number of last Friday.
I'm very pleased to say that, at last, I'm showing as insured.

Glad you weren't pulled ON, it's always a bit nervy when you've got one behind you late at night.

Ted
Car not crushed. - bathtub tom
I got 'pulled' in the early hours:

BIB. Where have you come from?
bt. Cerney Wick
BIB. Where's that?
bt. Near South Cerney
BIB (sighing heavily). My shift doesn't finish for several hours yet, how long do you want me to hold you here?

We parted on amicable terms. ;>)
Car not crushed. - 1400ted
We parted on amicable terms. ;>)

Reminds me, I got a tug on the M61 many years ago before the revised speed limits for trailers.
I was doing about 70. Police Range Rover came alongside and driver held up 4 fingers...I shook my head, he stopped me.
' Do you want to tell me anything ' ? he said....' 40 is your limit ' ' No ' says I , ' I'm rated for 70 on the m,way '...( axle distance, air brakes, towing vehicle over 2 tons, I think. ).

' You're right ' he said, ' Do you still love me ?'. ' Of course ' I replied ' For ever '

We had a good laugh and parted smiling.

Great fun.

Ted
Car not crushed. - Galad
Plod is becoming more and more inconspicuous on the roads these days. Today I saw a punter getting pulled over by no less than a VW Polo with the blues and twos beaming out through the radiator grill and back window! Caused more than a few heads to turn in surprise. What could possibly be under the bonnet for hot pursuits?
Car not crushed. - Old Navy
The one that didnt pull me was a full house BMW X3, my headlights hit it side on as it arrived at the roundabout I was on, very bright reflective battenburg pattern.

Edited by Old Navy on 02/09/2009 at 17:58

Car not crushed. - Altea Ego
Many years ago I was 19. And looked it. It was the time of flairs, perms, tulip collared jackets, and ppurple and blue platform boots. I had money and I had a nice smart white ford Capri.

I could not go anywhere without getting pulled by the BiB, and they always said one of two things. "Is this your car" or "who's car is this then sunshine"

I quickly learned How the BiB think, how to act, what to say, etc etc, a lesson I have down to a fine art. So good in fact that many years later I managed to drive away with a warning after being caught doing 65 in a 50mph limit, overtaking a line cars by using the unbroken hatched divider.
Car not crushed. - Lud
It was the time of flairs, perms, tulip collared jackets, and ppurple and blue platform >> boots.

Wondered where you acquired your impeccable taste AE...

My own era was more superficially austere: black overcoats, pointed shoes, drainpipe trousers and cracked shades...

Chalk and cheese one might think. Of course they are more similar than people realise. Ever tried Wensleydale?

:o}