Another query in the Florida driving section - rushton50
Ok
We are due to pick up our car from MCO on saturday afternoon thier time and we have taken out the top insurance whih is platinum...car company usa rentacar for budget rentacar.

Now in the past they have tried to force us into additional insurance for breakdown or assistance in replacing a tyre after a flat.

Can they do this legally in the USA,? Can they be forced to assist if needed if we dont take out this insurance? afterall we beleived the top insurance is all we need for peice of mind!

Your views appreciated
Another query in the Florida driving section - Peter D
NO they can not. They try and sell you Road Safe breakdown cover, bit other than a flat if you break down then they come out and repair or exchange your car. I am recently back from MCO and I use Dollar via carhire3000.co.uk £528 for a Dodge Challenger for 28 days with full comprehensive insurance all included, No extra's. The queue at MCO was about 100 deep but as a Dollar Express member ( free ) there was no queue at all and I was out of MCO in less than 10 minutes. Excellent.
Another query in the Florida driving section - barney100
Last time in florida we booked a car but luckily through Virgin atlantic. We had a flat tyre and the girl on the hire car company phone was quite aggressive in telling me I had to pay. I refused so to do and complained to Virgin. Ten minutes later I was taken to an hotel and given a decent upgrade for free and told byVirgin that American hire car companies will take you for everything they can but would not take a chance on losing Virgin contracts.