Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - paul2007
Hello.
Some may be aware that i bought an expensive personal reg for my modest Mercedes. That issue has been resolved, however, I've had second thought re getting this reg on to my car.

Reason for this, the reg is very easily memorable, so any close encounter with one or more of todays road rage experts could easily result in your car being easily recognise at a later date by these easily wound up lot. So before you are any the wiser, a fist through your window?

I'm seriously considering getting my drivers side window fitted with a clear security film.

Dopeople think I'm a bit OOT in my thoughts?

Edited by rtj70 on 29/08/2009 at 00:16

Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - alfatrike
don't just do one, get them all done.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3g8sa4ciM4&feature=related

looks tough.

Edited by rtj70 on 29/08/2009 at 00:18

Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - rtj70
What is it with your driving that may offend people enough to put something through the window? The plate may be memorable but is that really a problem.

Glad you got the retention certificate sorted. Get the plate on the car ASAP!
Cheers re plate
Free Motoring Tip, worth its weight in GOLD - bell boy
i drive a daily with a very memorable plate
i only give what i get
if you dont drive round on the phone with one finger in the air you havent got a problem
have you?
Free Motoring Tip, worth its weight in GOLD - William Stevenson
if you dont drive round on the phone with one finger in the air you
havent got a problem
have you?

We do not, in this country, copy the American one finger nonsense when we have the traditional 2 fingered version of our own. Some say, and I hope it's true, that this originated with post Agincourt English archers displaying their bowstring drawing fingers. So, in a 'we shall fight them on the beaches' spirit, Gentlemen, employ your own two fingered salute- but not while driving.
Cheers - but just the 1
:)
Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - L'escargot
I think that anything which makes your car conspicuous and liable to attract the attention of lowlife is a bad idea. When my car is parked I want it to be as inconspicuous as possible, and I've achieved that by having it visually just as it was when it left the car manufacturer, and by having an ordinary registration number.
Hi, valid comments u make.

The prvate reg is trouble, I know.

But my car, a modest black w203, Sports does get attention, wrong type at times,espcially when I've left one of those hoodies on their mopeds behind without breaking the law, the catch up, and possible abuse.
Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - perro
Don't live in fear paul, there's really no need - just be alert!
I come from S.E. London, have been to Millwall matches, home *and* away :)
I've walked home from 'The West End' in the early hours - on my own sometimes.
I used to be on the road all-day in S.E. & E. London - including some supposedly dangerous council estates - but I'm still in one piece (?)
In my experience, road-rage doesn't just happen for no particular reason - you've got to pizz someone off BIG time.
Enjoy your car AND your private plate - many, many others do.
Don't live in fear paul there's really no need - just be alert!
I come from S.E. London have been to Millwall matches home *and* away :)
I've walked home from 'The West End' in the early hours - on my own
sometimes.
I used to be on the road all-day in S.E. & E. London - including
some supposedly dangerous council estates - but I'm still in one piece (?)
In my experience road-rage doesn't just happen for no particular reason - you've got to
pizz someone off BIG time.
Enjoy your car AND your private plate - many many others do.

==========

Cheers!!!

Trust me, I drive very carefully most of the time and if I note a mistake by me, I will apologise always via appropriate gesture.

I live iv se3, Cator Estate, ok car/s. I usually get trouble, once every few months from foul mouthed racist low lives.

I am aleart most of the time and drive defensively, ie, keep a good distance from vehicle iv front for possible quick getaway. I rarely sound my horn as this usual leads to trouble.
I'm about 5' 10" avd weigh about 12st, and usually smartly dressed.

Thanks for the advice, appreciated.
:)

Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - Harmattan
Much better solution.
tinyurl.com/hz3nx
Much better solution.
tinyurl.com/hz3nx

LOL, cheers!

If you want a LOL, click thread
Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - alfatrike
i want one, where can i get one?
Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - CGNorwich
here

www.trunkmonkey.com/
Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - sandy56
You must live or work in an area where you expect such mis treatment. Get all the windows done.
Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - William Stevenson
I'm seriously considering getting my drivers side window fitted with a clear security film.

Come off it chaps! This security film stuff has to be a load of tripe, although I suppose it may hold glass fragments together. Film is film, toughened glass is toughened glass.
Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - perro
>>>Film is film, toughened glass is toughened glass.<<<

That's right Bill, you'd have to go some to punch-out a toughened glass window, even with a decent? sized ring on!
Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - L'escargot
Can you be certain that the film will stay attached when you lower the window? Recently I stuck a parking label on my side window and forgot to remove it before I wound the window down. The label came off as the glass went into the door and is now somewhere inside the door.
Opinions on clear security film on side windows? - grumpyscot
And if makes it more difficult for the neds to break your window, then it will be the same for the Fire & Rescue Service. The difference will be that the neds will want to take your life from you, whereas the Fire & Rescue wll be trying to save it.