Road rage - barney100
I have been raged at a few times recently by young blokes who are normally accompanied by a mate as a passenger. The slightest excuse and they are yelling with contorted faces or showing that they can count up to two with the fingers of one hand...the less intelligent only make it to one finger. Anyone else think this sort of thing is on the increase?
Road rage - moonshine {P}

Very rare to see road rage round my part of the woods, but I did see some a few weeks back.

Driving down a dual carrigageway there was a BMW in front of me and black strecthed volvo in front of the beemer. The volvo was poodling along in lane 2 and the beemer driver was getting a bit narked and was so was probably a bit close on the volvos bumper. We all came to a roundabout the volvo in lane and the beemer went into lane 1 to try and cut round the poodling volvo still in lane 2. Volvo driver booted it to stop beemer getting round. Im no fan of beemer drivers but have to say the beemer driving was not being overly agressive at all, just trying to make progress.

Daul carriageway now becomes single carrigeway, volvo driver in front, beemer then me. Volvo driver slams on brakes and comes to a stop.

It was like the volvo driver was spring loaded, I've never seen anyone get out of a car so fast! He jumped out waving his arms like mad shouting and making all the signs, then jumped back in and carried on his way. From a distance it all looked quite comical really.
Road rage - alfatrike
i had a little old lady give me the finger the other day. i had checked my mirror and seen she was a good distance back. i signalled, 3 or 4 flashes and gently pulled out. when i had overtaken i pulled back in to find the old dear was right up my rear end and then screamed past, gave me the finger and sped off. i know we should respect elders but should they not return the favour?
Road rage - amj
i had a little old lady give me the finger, i know we should respect elders but should they
not return the favour?

Just be secure in the knowledge that she will be dead long before you and drive smugly on!
Road rage - Pugugly
she will be dead long before you

Glad you're so self-assured, death can catch you out.
Road rage - Tornadorot
Driving down a dual carrigageway there was a BMW in front of me and black
strecthed volvo in front of the beemer.

The only black stretched Volvos I've ever seen have belonged to funeral directors. Was the driver wearing a morning suit?
Road rage - schneip
:( I had a bad experience on the M25 the other month (this isn't a bash at lorry drivers, just to clarify - I think this guy in particular is somewhat unhinged, having tried to ram me...)

SO: Congestion on the M25 and a dentist appointment to get to back home in Wales. I'm in lane 3, with hand brake on so get the sat-nav to divert (car sat still!). Thankfully I can get off at the next exit, so carefully get into lane 2, hold back to leave room in front and then signal my intention to get into lane 1. Gently does it. Nothing wrong there, even for a Beemer, surely?

... A good 50 or so Yds behind is a smallish lorry crawling (not a glance, but a proper look in the mirror). Nothing else. So I gently move over, just getting over the white line when WHOOOSH - he must have floored it, taking aim at my car and blasting the horn! THANKFULLY I managed to hustle my car back fully into lane 2. Why???!! Not sure if this guy thought I was just trying to beat the queue? The silly fool wasn't taking the exit but hopefully saw me go past in the exit lane. Would have called Police but didn't know where exactly I was (unfamiliar with area) and thought it might just be dismissed.
Road rage - Robin Reliant
I hate the term "Road rage".

It gives an air of excusability to what is criminal assault.
Road rage - L'escargot
I hate the term "Road rage".
It gives an air of excusability to what is criminal assault.

Similarly, I hate "glassing".
Road rage - Ben 10
From personal experience and 25 years driving, I have seen a dramatic increase in RR from female drivers.
Road rage - retgwte
a middle aged middle class woman is leafy area called me a very bad word in a large supermarket

considering i could have killed her in the blink of an eye very very stupid on her part

lots of the folk i grew up with would have happily bopped her

i was staggered you expect this in some parts of the country

Road rage - helicopter

Absolutely true story....

My local Shell garage has Tescos attached where you pay for your petrol....

I was standing in the queue with some groceries when local chav type drives up to air machine which charges 50 p for three minutes.

This upsets Mr Chav .....so much that he comes screaming into the paydesk area , face contorted shouting at the top of his voice

' Bleeping Tescos , Bleeping thieving bleeping bleeps , 50 p for air , thieving beeping bleeps ......

Tesco employee says 'Sorry mate its nothing to do with Tescos , its Shell who set the prices'

'Bleeping Tescos and bleeping Shell - all a load of thieving bleeps ' ( with variations of bleeps ) screams Mr Chav . His rant lasts for a good minute and then he storms out , actually spits on the air machine and screams his tyres as he pulls away - a walking time bomb.

Its all gone quiet - a stunned silence in the Tescos queue and the assistant says 'Next '

Guy in front of me puts an ice cream down and the assistant says '£1.50 please'.....

Collapse in laughter of everyone in shop when he shouts at the top of his voice -- £1.50 FOR AN ICE CREAM....??
Road rage - paul2007
People like the fool you refer to must be locked up.
Road rage - diddy1234
a good few years ago me and a mate once thought it would be a good giggle when we pulled up at the next set of lights, to jump out of our cars then have a full on fake argument then jump in the others car (me in his car and my mate in my car) and drive off fairly quick-ish (we both had full insurance cover in case anyone is worried).

We asked friends in the passenger seats who was watching and they said every other car driver looked really worried.

Still gives me a smile these days just thinking about it.

I would never attempt that today in this country's current panic climate.
Road rage - Martin Devon
People like the fool you refer to must be locked up.

>>
Or better still shot at dawn. Why lock 'it' up. I don't want to pay for any more idiots to be incarcerated.
Road rage - Lud
Such displays of public wit are very heartening, helicopter.

In Harrow Road near here some years ago a silver BMW in front of me, driven by some local dread, backed off to allow a chubby, powerfully-built young black woman to cross the road. Once she was past the front of the BMW it started to move forward, and as it passed behind her she jerked her bottom at it cheekily.

From the driver's window of the BMW came a theatrical, blood-curdling scream, as of the villain in a B movie falling over a precipice.

The entire street was rolling about laughing. I nearly crashed.
Road rage - v8man
>>a middle aged middle class woman is leafy area called me a very bad word in a large supermarket

considering i could have killed her in the blink of an eye very very stupid on her part

lots of the folk i grew up with would have happily bopped her

i was staggered you expect this in some parts of the country

What!! Do you fancy yourself as some sort of Ninja?
Road rage - paul2007
Is it possible that your observations are related t the fact that there has bee a dramatic increase iv the number of women drivers?
Road rage - paul2007
I see that my very long post was removed - good, as I gave out a bit too much personal info.
Road rage - Ben 10
No. More female drivers doesn't mean more aggression. There is more aggression in society across the board.They are the fairer sex, aren't they. An awful lot seem to think they can get away with anything because of it.
You try and challenge any female for a minor driving or parking transgression and see the abuse you get as a male. We're fair game and they know we won't fight back. And I've been on the receiving end, twice in the last few months over trivial things. The first could have escalated to the point of violence, when I pointed out to her she was on camera in a petrol station. She backed off. It was my saviour.
Road rage - Badwolf
It's the lack of responsibililty for one's actions, I think. People today seem to be brought up without being taught how to be responsible for their actions. If I make a mistake and someone sounds their horn at me, I will hold my hand up and apologise. Sound the horn at someone under the age of around 25, and all you'll get is abuse. Not that it's restricted to the under 25s of course, before any of our august younger members shout at me... :-)
Road rage - Leif
And I've been on the receiving end twice in the last few months
over trivial things.

It's posts like yours that make me glad that I now live in a calm rural area rather than Luton. I did once get abuse from a motorist when out cycling, but on the whole people here are incredibly respectful.
Road rage - Leif
Is it possible that your observations are related t the fact that there has bee
a dramatic increase iv the number of women drivers?

There might be more female drivers, but there has also been an increase in the aggressiveness and boorishness of women, one aspect of which is binge drinking which by all accounts is a serious problem for both sexes. I still find men far more aggressive drivers, though I do remember a female driver in Luton helpfully pointing out that I needed one of something, though I never did find out what.
Road rage - wrangler_rover
What's the difference between using the horn normally & using it in road rage?
Recently, in a strange town in the wrong lane, I indicated & changed lanes, car behind which in my opinion I didn't cut up honked, a quick pip to let me know he was there as in the highway code would suffice, in which case I would have waved in acknowledgement. But no, this guy leaned on his horn for 3 or 4 seconds, to me this constitutes road rage which I chose to ignore, I will not antagonise anybody further by reacting, it may tip them into a physical attack, ignore them and let them get stressed with all that it brings, high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack.
Road rage - Pugugly
It was probably me having a non-Zen moment.
Road rage - zookeeper
It was probably me having a non-Zen moment.

honestjohn have a no non - zens policy pug
Road rage - Pugugly
Working that out now.
Road rage - barney100
Again today! Waiting to exit from a minor road to major one and the traffic was quite heavy with no safe gap for me to turn R. Young bloke behind hooting and shouting for me to make a suicidal exit. Decided to ignore the young gentleman and calmly exited when the way was safe. I feel sorry for the lad in a way because he will end up making himself susceptible to stress related illness.
Road rage - perro
>>>Again today! Waiting to exit from a minor road<<<

Ah, well - you did the right thing IMO, I've seen bigger geezers than you come to grief at the end of a size 10, walk away from trouble - if you can!
Road rage - L'escargot
.......... Young bloke behind
hooting and shouting for me to make a suicidal exit. Decided to ignore the young
gentleman .........

You should have got out of your car and said to him "I'll blow your hooter while you're stopping the traffic for me".
:-)
Road rage - Westpig
You should have got out of your car and said to him "I'll blow your
hooter ".
:-)

Snaily,

There are parts of London, where that sort of conversation could easily have some most unforeseen consequences!