05 3.0 Poor running and rough gearchange - TheOilBurner
I'm having a couple of problems with the C5, which may be related.

It's been in to the dealers recently after I complained of poor shifting on the autobox, especially between 2nd-3rd. It's worst when stone cold and improves when the car is warmed up.

They changed the hydraulic valve body, ATF and the gearbox wiring harness. After 2 weeks of messing with it, they claim it's OK now, well it isn't. :( Thankfully, I haven't paid for any of this work...

The other problem, which they ignored (despite bugging them about it!) is that when the car is started from cold, the engine surges up and down slightly. Enough to make the car shudder a little for 40 seconds or so and then it starts to settle down. It could be a misfire, but I'm not sure.

I wondering if the two sets of issues could be linked somehow? Other symptoms I've noticed are:
-the engine never seems to go into overrun (according to the computer display), even on long downhills with no throttle input from me
-the creep on the autobox is so strong when cold, that I can barely hold the car back on the brakes

As above, it's a C5 3.0 V6 petrol (35k miles) with the Aisin AM6 gearbox, a.k.a TF80SC, as also used by Ford, Volvo, Vauxhall etc. I know the gearbox should be very smooth, as I've driven other cars with this box and they were fine.

Any ideas to go back to the dealer with? There's no codes stored at all.
05 3.0 Poor running and rough gearchange - TheOilBurner
Update: the dealers uploaded the latest software to the ECU and all symptoms have vanished.

The car now drives beautifully again and I'm a happy bunny.

Quite what caused it to get screwed up, I'm not really sure.