Toyota Auris demo model - good price? - tack
My daughter and her husband are looking at an 09 plate Auris 5 door 1.6 Vmatic (valvematic) TR in a local main dealership. Has 2000 miles on the clock and are asking £11.6k.

Reckon there is room for manoeuvre on price?

They like Toyota's as they have a Yaris which they are keeping as a 2nd car. Although dull to drive etc, I understand Auris is reliable.

Cheers
Toyota Auris demo model - good price? - OldSkoOL
Not great really, is the simple answer

A 1.6 TR can go for as low as 8.5k on a 08 / 58 plate with <5k miles.

Your problem is its 09 and 2k. Maybe look elsewhere as you can get <5k for 9-9.5k which is a big saving.

A pick of the bunch would be a 1.6 TR at just over 10k and under 1 year old. It should have had its first service, still just breaking in and likely to be a great price with 2yr warranty.

//PS - few words of buying advice, try to ensure it comes from a garage, preferably toyota and NOT a car supermarket! Make sure the test drive uncovers no rattles.

Edited by OldSkoOL on 20/08/2009 at 21:55

Toyota Auris demo model - good price? - tack
Thanks Oldskool, we are looking main dealers here and, obviously, they will be more expensive than other dealers. Advice gratefully received.
Toyota Auris demo model - good price? - maz64
Drive The Deal are doing your model brand new for £12288 on the road including delivery, although it's £1k less if you take out finance with the supplying dealer. Don't know if that helps...
www.drivethedeal.com/

Edited by Focus {P} on 20/08/2009 at 22:20

Toyota Auris demo model - good price? - cuthbert
I suggest you have a look on the Toyota web site ( used car search of national stock ) that will give you an idea what other dealerships are selling there stock for

www.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bin/toyota/bv/generic_editori...s
Toyota Auris demo model - good price? - maz64
I suggest you have a look on the Toyota web site

Mmmm... local dealer has the OP's car with 2k miles for only £1700 more than a brand new one from DtD :-)
Toyota Auris demo model - good price? - carl_a
I was looking at these a little while ago, the new model with improved engine and 6 speed box is selling at a premium compared to the older engine. It does several more MPG so is worth it in the long run.

11.6k is around the asking price on auto trader so I'd imagine somewhere close to 11k would be the ideal price. Its a very good car, if they were popular and the press were on side I'd think the price would be 4k higher.
Toyota Auris demo model - good price? - OldSkoOL
The 09 1.6 engine does have the 10% extra power / torque / mpg, even though the units are only minor lifts i would defiantly test drive both engines to see whether the newer engine is really worth the fairly hefty premium as the increases are only minor.

Technically the new 1.6 engine isn't going to be more reliable. The pre 09 1.6 has been powering auris and corollas for many many years with a lot of success. Fingers crossed that the 09 engines aren't plagued with high oil consumption as this is a new engine variant, with variable valve timing so the engineers have clearly been poking.

Edited by OldSkoOL on 21/08/2009 at 03:26