TO BUY OR NOT - frogger
Agreed to buy a 09 plate Hyundai i20 with 6000 miles on clock from dealer (used by dealer staff and is demonstrator model). Placed £200 Deposit. Fiat Panda in part exchange.

While car was undergoing pre-delivery check, it was ascertained car may need a new starter motor. Part arrived, but was wrong part. Now apparently car does not need a new starter motor but needs a new head gasket!

Question: Should a head gasket need replacement on a 6 month old car. Should I still buy or leave well alone? I don't want to find I've purchased a 'lemon'.
TO BUY OR NOT - retgwte
how could they possible mix up a diagnosis of a problem between starter motor and head gasket?

my suspiction would be that someone else has offered them more money for the car and they are using these tricks to scare you into backing out of deal

otherwise something strange going on, do you know enough to go and have a look to see if any of the classic head gasket problems are there?

if you can get your money back take it and go somewhere else, better at diagnosis of faults etc

TO BUY OR NOT - doctork
If it needs a head gasket at 6 months then I wouldn't buy it ! Get your deposit back and go elsewhere.