02 2.0 brakes - smashing
Hello,

so i got my focus eventually and its all lovely apart from a few niggles. When i was cleaning it i noticed that the passenger side wheel had a lot more brake dust on it than the drivers side and this morining i could hear it sticking...it doesnt do it all the time and when i brake it brakes in a straight line...and iv not really noticed any drop in mpg or acceleration...any ideas??

Thanks

Adam
02 2.0 brakes - Wurzel83
Can you please outline sticking? Ie are you detecting it through noise, sensation in the steering, pulling to one side, sensation in the brqake pedal etc? Is the sticking intermittant ie. in sync with the revolutions of the wheel or is it constant?
02 2.0 brakes - smashing
just through a noise this morning...it doesnt pull to one side when braking at all and no vibrations in the pedal.
02 2.0 brakes - bathtub tom
Remove the wheel and dismantle the pads. Make sure they slide freely in their holders, or replace if worn.
Fully retract the piston and gently pump it out again a few times. This can be done safely if the pads are fitted and caliper re-assembled.
02 2.0 brakes - smashing
if i have to replace the pads do i need to replace the pads on the other side as well? ill have a look at my haynes manual later and have a look at it...
02 2.0 brakes - smashing
As ill have to do this during the evening when im not at work any idea how long this should take me as i need my car for work??
02 2.0 brakes - Dynamic Dave
if i have to replace the pads do i need to replace the pads on the other side as well?

Yes.
02 2.0 brakes - piston power
if i have to replace the pads do i need to replace the pads on the other side as well? ill have a look at my haynes manual later and have a look at it...

I think your better taking this to a garage because you don't seem to have a clue & brakes if you get them wrong can cost you your life or somebody else's!
02 2.0 brakes - smashing
oh i wouldnt do it myself at the moment but i like to learn and like to read up on what to do
02 2.0 brakes - smashing
and im not so certain that its me just freting about nothing....tested it all the way back home last night....no judder...no pulling to one side under any form of braking....and no wierd noises but iv gotta go to the garage anyway and ill ask him to just have a look for me just to make sure.
02 2.0 brakes - piston power
Most of these fast fit places offer a free brake check ask them to have a look at it.