08 2.3 Cost of First service - roughly?? - fredthefifth
Hi All,

The first service (12 months rather that 18,000 miles) on my SAAB 9-5 HOT Auto Estate is due in Sept.

Any idea what the cost is?

Regards.
FTF
08 2.3 Cost of First service - roughly?? - piston power
Shop around you don't have to go to saab but a indipendent garage to get your book stamped.

The saving can be quite a few ££££££££££££££...........
08 2.3 Cost of First service - roughly?? - Dynamic Dave
Using an independent however *may* mean that if any software updates or service recalls for your car have been released by SAAB, then it won't get them.
08 2.3 Cost of First service - roughly?? - Armitage Shanks {p}
When I had a SAAB the dealers had a 'menu' based system with stated prices. Perhaps not any longer? Cost will vary with your location - inside the M25 labour will be at least £100 an hour.
08 2.3 Cost of First service - roughly?? - fredthefifth
Ummm, this is Yeovil, not a lot of choice. Although my mate that runs a BOSCH franchised garage reckons that he could do it without affecting the warranty. Trouble is there is 2 years manufacturers still on the car and I am worried about affecting that.

Is it worth trying to get an assurance from SAAB?

Ta.
FTF
08 2.3 Cost of First service - roughly?? - piston power
I had mine serviced by a indie and took it back to the dealers for warranty work all they check is it has been serviced and stamped so as long as genuine parts are used stamped book can't see a problem.
08 2.3 Cost of First service - roughly?? - Dynamic Dave
See HJ's FAQ No.66:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=89

One thing I notice HJ hasn't mentioned however is that the service must be carried out by a VAT registered garage for the warranty to still be valid.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 11/08/2009 at 01:23