97 1.4 Jacking points front and back - ah207
Hi again - hope I'm not becoming a nuisance by coming to the forum so often. Still a newby, still learning.

This question has been asked here before (I did a quick search) but unfortunately the link given by the person who answered it no longer works.

I can't seem to identify clearly where the jacking points are. The Haynes manual and a couple of other sources on the web place the points a short distance behind the front wheels and a short distance infront of the back wheels. But when I look closer, I can't really see anything that looks distinct. Any other clues or visual cues ? Are the points nearer the sills, or deeper under the car ? (Unfortunately I bought the car 2nd hand - there was no owner's manual).

Many thanks.
97 1.4 Jacking points front and back - piston power
On the sill they maybe a cut out for the jack or the sill is thicker at the jacking point you will have to lay down to see.

Approx 8" in from the the wheel is were the jacking points are.
97 1.4 Jacking points front and back - bathtub tom
Do these have the little arrow pressed into the door sill?

Perhaps a good wash may reveal summat?
Found them! - ah207
Thanks guys - you pointed me in the right direction. I've found the jacking points (front and rear). Infact, just a short while a go, I found the jacking points shown in the Haynes Manual (near the back of the book, REF*5) - albeit it is just a line drawing. Anyway, I cleaned up the area near the points but alas- there aren't any arrows. Just the slightly raised bits of the sill with two 'cuts' on either side.

Thanks again - will take the usual precautions when jacking up - and definately won't tamper with anything unneccessarily.

Regards,

AH