Signum 2.2 petrol Auto - Martin Devon
Morning all. The 2.2 engine. Are there any known problems with this lump and/or is this the engine that had the 'glossy' bore problem?

Regards............MD
Signum 2.2 petrol Auto - prm72
Fuel pumps tend to go at £400 a pop, some earlier ones still had oil starvation to the chain, but later ones ok, apart from that a good strong lump by all accounts.
Fuel pumps tend to go at £400 a pop some earlier ones still had oil
starvation to the chain but later ones ok apart from that a good strong lump
by all accounts.

Any idea which year, engine/model numbers? The oil starvation problem sounds very worrying.

Regards.......Martin.
Sorry, I have now read the cbc breakdown (pun intended) on it. Thanks......MD
Signum 2.2 petrol Auto - Dynamic Dave
Fuel pumps tend to go at £400 a pop

Only on the 2.2 direct injection engines. Mine recently went (3 weeks of warranty left fortunately). Fault code P1191. Garage replaced the high pressure fuel pump and regulator. Some garages only replace one or the other. Vauxhall suggest replacing both.

I've heard of reports that camchains have failed on cars not within the specified engine numbers that Vauxhall published via their Technical Service Bulletins.

Also, on earlier 2.2 autos, there was an issue where coolant can contaminate the gearbox oil through a leak in the oil cooler.

www.vectra-c.com is a good source of info for the Vectra-C & Signum, as well as www.z22se.co.uk for the engine.

The glossy bore problem was the diesel engines.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/08/2009 at 14:57

Thanks DD.