98 3.3 problems starting car - maddison
Please help we have been experiencing problems with our automatic petrol 3.3 Chysler Grand Voyager and are up againt the wall after running out of solutions. When you put in the key in the ignition the information centre lights come on and the car starts but none of the displays within the priemium instrument cluster work and the car dies after a few seconds the alarm light flashes and whilst on holiday this week it stayed on for 3 days. Normally if you go back to the car the next morning it will start but this time it was out of action for 3 days and we had to be towed home from the Isle of Wight by 5 different tow trucks the next morning she started first time. this problem has been ongoing over the past couple of years and we are at a loss of what to do. The main dealer said they couldn't dianose a fault then charged me £100 for the privilage they told me to take it back whilst fault is occurring but obviously cannot as it will not start if fault is occurring and then said well if the car isn't running they wouldn't be able to put it on the diagnostic machine anyway. we had a new switch for the gearbox fitted last year and thought the problem had been solved but it has restarted and is getting more frequent. many people have suggested the problem could be the immobilser but were told we could not by-pass it. Please does anyone have any suggestions you help will be greatly recieved many thanks.
98 3.3 problems starting car - MerlinTec
sorry there are some poor dealers out there. Do a search on here I have covered this issue and there is some things you should check that I have posted. Have a look.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/07/2009 at 20:36