How to easily work in the footwell? - FotheringtonThomas
How do you position yourself to easily work in the footwell? It's very difficult, and very uncomfortable indeed, to have to twist around part-in and part-out of the door. This is possibly an H&S issue.

N.B. This is a serious enquiry, aimed at those who do this day in, day out. I would have posted this in "Technical" - as it's a general "How to do it" article that must apply to people working on any cars - but "Technical" *requires* a make/model - to my mind, a "general issue" option would be worthwhile.

{Moved to Tech Matters}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/07/2009 at 13:47

How to easily work in the footwell. - brum
Lift the car to waist level.

Remove the door and car seat - but that might be OTT
How to easily work in the footwell. - ifithelps
However you do it, make sure the engine is not running or you are outside.

I went to an inquest a few years ago in which the guy was killed by CO which settled in the footwell as he worked there.
How to easily work in the footwell. - Dynamic Dave
"Technical" *requires* a make/model - to my mind, a "general issue" option would be worthwhile.

Posting a general question is mentioned in the sticky "When Posting A New Question To Technical Matters"

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=62143

How to easily work in the footwell? - Altea Ego
remove the seat. Its usually quite easy, four or 6 torx screws, couple of plugs to seat belt pre tensioners, or seat side airbag. (make sure its turned off when you do and not turned on again till the plugs are remade)

Quite heavy, but simply dump it on the rear seat.
How to easily work in the footwell? - Peter.N.
I would concur - remove the seat.