07 1.4 Naughty Wipers and Wash Wipe - Servelan
Our Megane is a late 2007 model. After 18 months of being trouble free we have a problem with our Megane II. When the front screen wiper is turned on in any position the rear wiper wipes at the same time. The rear wash/wipe works okay on its own. The front screen wash/wipe only wipes, no wash. The rear screen wipes at the same time. It fixed itself for a few minutes but the problem has returned. Any ideas if this is a known problem before doing battle with the Renault dealer?
All other electrical functions seem to work okay.
Any ideas or tips we should know about?
07 1.4 Naughty Wipers and Wash Wipe - DP
You have a 3 yr warranty on a new Renault. I would just take it down to the dealer and have them sort it out. Don't worry too much about it. This will probably be a switch fault, or something to do with the multiplex wiring module that controls the interior electrics. Knowing Renault electrics, it could even be the wind blowing in the wrong direction. You could come out to the car tomorrow and it will work perfectly.

In my experience of our old Scenic II, the odd daft, random electrical gremlin was part of the ownership experience. We didn't have the same fault as you, as such, but weirdness with the heater blower and stereo which would more often than not fix itself as quickly as it appeared. I think they call it 'character' ;-)

Cheers
DP