06 1.4 Service indicator reset - steve
I have tried to re-set the service indicator after self servicing the car - followed the instructions in the handbook as follows.
Hold in trip re-set button; turn ignition on, turn reset button to the right and hold. Display shows spanner then goes to normal display ie miles. But the inspection warning stills shows in the display - does anyone have any ideas please?
06 1.4 Service indicator reset - elekie&a/c doctor
Try this.Ignition off;press and hold in reset button and then ignition on;wait for service to display;release button and turn clockwise once.hth
06 1.4 Service indicator reset - steve
Thanks tried this but it does not work either. It is strange as the method in the manual worked when I did the previous oil change.
Any more ideas from anyone - other than take it to a VW garage and be fleeced!
06 1.4 Service indicator reset - Dynamic Dave
This worked on someone else's Mk4 Polo:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=9400&m...e

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=42040

06 1.4 Service indicator reset - Hannes
Try this.Ignition off;press and hold in reset button and then ignition on;wait for service to display;release button and turn clockwise once.hth

Thank you, I have a Volkswagen Polo 1.9TDi and I have done exactly as you have explained and it worked. I can just at with the last step that I kept the button in a rigt turned position until my tripcounter displayed correct again.

06 1.4 Service indicator reset - MPH57

Thank you, I have a Volkswagen Polo 1.9TDi and I have done exactly as you have explained and it worked. I can just at with the last step that I kept the button in a rigt turned position until my tripcounter displayed correct again.

Thanks. This worked for me, too. Polo 1.2, 2009

06 1.4 Service indicator reset - Dirk88

This worked for me too. I had a bit of confusion. If you let the service clock run down to zero it doesent show a zero ant the service interval (it only shows the wrench).

So, Ignition of, press and hold reset button, turn ignition on and hold reset button 3 secconds then relese and trun button clockwise for 3 seconds.

This sould work as it is similar to the above metioned instructions.

06 1.4 Service indicator reset - Railroad.
You can only reset the service indicator by this method if you want to maintain or change to fixed service intervals. If you want variable service intervals you need to use VCDS or a suitable scantool. My advice is reset it to fixed intervals and then ignore it. Service your car using common sense. Just reset the service indicator whenever it appears. It means nothing on a car more than a couple of years old.