Volkswagen Polo IV (2005 - 2009) - 06 1.4 Service indicator reset  
06 1.4 Service indicator reset - steve
I have tried to re-set the service indicator after self servicing the car - followed the instructions in the handbook as follows.
Hold in trip re-set button; turn ignition on, turn reset button to the right and hold. Display shows spanner then goes to normal display ie miles. But the inspection warning stills shows in the display - does anyone have any ideas please?

Tags: technical issues maintenance and servicing legal and consumer advice

06 1.4 Service indicator reset - elekie&a/c doctor
Try this.Ignition off;press and hold in reset button and then ignition on;wait for service to display;release button and turn clockwise once.hth
06 1.4 Service indicator reset - steve
Thanks tried this but it does not work either. It is strange as the method in the manual worked when I did the previous oil change.
Any more ideas from anyone - other than take it to a VW garage and be fleeced!
06 1.4 Service indicator reset - Dynamic Dave
This worked on someone else's Mk4 Polo:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=9400&m...e

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=42040

06 1.4 Service indicator reset - Hannes
Try this.Ignition off;press and hold in reset button and then ignition on;wait for service to display;release button and turn clockwise once.hth

Thank you, I have a Volkswagen Polo 1.9TDi and I have done exactly as you have explained and it worked. I can just at with the last step that I kept the button in a rigt turned position until my tripcounter displayed correct again.

06 1.4 Service indicator reset - MPH57

Thank you, I have a Volkswagen Polo 1.9TDi and I have done exactly as you have explained and it worked. I can just at with the last step that I kept the button in a rigt turned position until my tripcounter displayed correct again.

Thanks. This worked for me, too. Polo 1.2, 2009

Join the discussion

Reader Offers and Prizes

Latest News & Road Tests

Buying Advice

Honest John's Newsletter

Connect with Honest John

Facebook YouTube