Millers synthetic oil..is this too cheap? - gordonbennet
Whilst browsing i came across this online supplier of oils etc.

Millers XFD fully synthetic diesel engine oil 5 litres at £29.99, never seen it this price for years, free postage too.
Is this too good to be true, am i going to get me fingers signed..;)

tinyurl.com/m9qdnc

If it's kosher i'll stock up with a couple of years worth.

Millers synthetic oil..is this too cheap? - Lygonos
Regular price for Mobil 1 (4 litres) at Costco is £23. Shop retail (eg Halfords) is usually closer to £40.

I'd imagine online suppliers of Millers can undercut even warehouse prices when doing special offers.

I also haven't heard of counterfeit synthetic oils for sale before, but you never know what the Triads will try next!
Millers synthetic oil..is this too cheap? - Toyota Red
Tesco sell 5w40 fully synth, ~£20 for 4 litres, which is apparently made by Comma. Works fine, although I've now switched to Mobil 1 0w-40 a la Costco given the small price difference.

I changed my car's gearbox (manual) oil for Miller TRX semi-synth last weekend, with no problems so far!
I also haven't heard of counterfeit synthetic oils for sale before but you never know
what the Triads will try next!

Was more concerned that the online site might be not right than the oil, but appreciate the wit, Triads indeed, Benny Hill could have had a good sketch on them.;)

By the way i didn't intend to start a new thread for this, i tacked it onto 'i have a question', but it ended up here...ah well.
Millers synthetic oil..is this too cheap? - Armitage Shanks {p}
If in doubt about authenticity collect it from one of their accredited agents whose details can be found on the Millers website.
If in doubt about authenticity collect it from one of their accredited agents

I have one a mile away but this is a fiver cheaper a can x5= a freeby, and as apparently i have become a modern day Scrooge i was merely getting into role....
Millers synthetic oil..is this too cheap? - Hamsafar
I would be looking to pay a lot less than £30 for 5 litres of synthetic LongLife. £24 max.
I would be looking to pay a lot less than £30 for 5 litres of
synthetic LongLife. £24 max.

I'm all ears Hams...where can i get 5w-40 CH-4 for that price...c'mon now don't be a tease.
Millers synthetic oil..is this too cheap? - Armitage Shanks {p}
I used to pay $2 a litre for Mobil 1, in Germany, when that represented about £1.50 and it was £7 in Halfords. It all comes from the same refinery (Rotterdam?) and is priced according to what the local market will bear!
Millers synthetic oil..is this too cheap? - Hamsafar
The Motorist Centre
138 Alfreton Rd
Nottingham
NG7 3NS
£24 for Delphi WW 504 00/507 00
which is said to be re-badged Castrol Edge 5W-30 and matches specs and Belgium origin.

Pentagon Vauxhall Nottingham
Sir John Robinson Way
Arnold
Nottingham
NG5 6BN
£52 for 4 x 5 litres (or £36 each) GM Super Synthetic Longlife Eco
GM-LL A 025, GM LL B 025, ACEA A3, B3, B4, API SL/CF
Thanks Hams, though as far as i can see both of these are 5W-30 and rated at CF.
The Vauxhall offer is exceptionally good, if i decide to go for that instead i deliver to that area of Nottm quite regularly...much obliged.

CH-4 is the latest spec, and few oils (even Mobil 1) seem to carry this spec, certainly not in a 5w-40.

Certainly pays to keep your eyes open.

Millers synthetic oil..is this too cheap? - nortones2
Few European market oils for diesels use the API system. IIRC, any ACEA graded diesel oil is automatically given API CF, which is a very old standard - but irrelevant to diesel cars. It depends on the maker, but many specify e.g. ACEA Ax/Bx, plus their own spec.