Missing number plate - Spospe
Just back from France and whilst waiting to board the ferry I noticed a German reg BMW with a missing front number plate. Went to speak to the driver and he was mortified, he had not noticed the loss and asked me if it was possible to get a replacement in England. At this point I was struggling a little with language, but managed to point him towards the AA as being most likely to be able to help.

Does anyone have any constructive advice for dealing with such a situation?
Missing number plate - Armitage Shanks {p}
SFAIK you have to have a V5, or similar, to get a plate made up in UK. He might get someone to make one by turning up with the car and a passport. We have to carry our V5s abroad but then they probably aren't needed sur le Continent to get a plate made up.
Missing number plate - Hamsafar
He can get one from www.theplateman.com/ , but I wouldn't bother if I was him.
Missing number plate - Tornadorot
Do foreign-registered vehicles have any obligation to display number plates, apart from the requirement for an national identifier code (eg an oval sticker) on the rear? Registration plate rules vary by country - for instance, some states of the USA only require license plates on rear.

But there are places in the UK you can get proper German-style number plates made up, as Hamsafar has pointed out... catering for the Germanophile boy-racer market, I suppose.
Missing number plate - Collos25
German plates are of particular signicance because they carry the Tuv date and road tax/emmissions one on the front one on the back.The only way to get plates in Germany is to go to your tax office where you originally taxed it(the place where you are registered) with all the docs get a certificate and then take it to a plate maker in the building then return to the tax office who will then put the correct sticker on it,but you cannot drive the car on one plate you would not last half an hour before you were stopped fined and the vehicle empounded its not like the anything goes attitude in the UK Germany still has some respect for the law and enforces it.