06 2ltr Diesel - EGR Valve Replacement - samboy
hy newby hear,just changed egr valve on diesel mondeo estate tdci duz it take a while for the on bourd computor to recognise the fault has been rectified

Edited by rtj70 on 16/07/2009 at 21:47

06 2ltr egr valve - dogdog
short drive should do it, why did you change it? have you had codes read?
06 2ltr egr valve - Collos25
What fault light did you have?
Its no good just changing the EGR valve on a Mondeo you need to clean the inlet manifold as well.If it has the electronic system on the EGR and Turbo then the fault codes are stored in the actuator ECU which cannot be read all you will see is a fault code in the main ECU which will say turbo boost fault this is normally the turbo actuator going faulty £670+vat cannot be bought seperate to the turbo.If you are getting the glow plug light and dropping into limp home mode then its a EGRor turbo actuator if its the MIL that is lit then a faulty turbo or split vacuum/air pipe(very common fault)or cam shaft sensor.They are real dogs when they go wrong finding the fault if you do need a turbo/actautor try Mick the turbo on Ebay he's very good.
06 2ltr egr valve - samboy
thanks for reply will try mick on ebay
codes were read all pointed to egr valve
06 2ltr egr valve - Collos25
I find that hard to believe because it does not have a specific fault code even the main agents do not have the reader for the actuator/egr Ecu.And if the main ECU has not ben wiped then many historic codes will be present for eg if you have turned the engine over without the plugs in during a service anything you do while the ignition is on which is out of the norm will create a code.
was the glow plug light flashing
hello me again egr valve ok think it has to be turbo related having full diagnostic done on wednesday will get to the bottom of it
hi andy egr valve changed also turbo did 200 miles low and behold magic glow plug light came on stopped and restarted ok any ideas turbo 500+vat ya was right sticky vains in turbo only did it the once mind since fitted
06 2.0 egr+turbo - samboy
need advice changed turbo+egr valve 500 miles ago glow plug light come on once at 200 mile and recently at another 300 mile can anyone tell me why car goes to limp mode when problem supposidly fixed
samboy
06 2.0 egr+turbo - Bakes36
Hi did you find a resolution to the problem? I am having the same issue with my Mondeo

SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/01/2010 at 10:02