01 1.2 Removing deep scratches - Sharkadder
Hi there,

I know this isn't really a "technical" question but i thought i'd post here as somebody recommend this forum if i had a problem and needing car repairs.

Anyways, i have a Vauxhall Corsa C type in silver, yesterday i scratched the car down the side as i was pulling it into the drive and wondered what would be the best thing to do to remove these.

I have had a look and part of the scratch is only about 1mm thick and some is a few millimeters thick so a basic car scratch removal i have been told will not get rid of the scratches.

Where the door opens, a chunk of the metal has been removed, i'd say about a centimeter circular shape off the edge of the door as it opens.

I know that i probably won't be able to fill in the damaged metal and paint over it but what would i need to do to get rid of the scratches? If you think it would be better me taking it into some place, what sort of price would i be looking at with getting it sorted?

Thanks
01 1.2 Removing deep scratches - Victorbox
If it's Star Silver then it's a clear coat over the silver base. You are going to struggle to polish away deep scratches that go down to the silver layer and matching the paint will be very difficult. Sounds like a perfect time to get an estimate from a "Chips Away" type mobile repairer - usually much cheaper than a body shop.