99 2.0 Fuse Layout / Electric Window Motor - karljohns80
the n/s/f elec window has stopped working. according to my handbook, the fuse should be in compartment near steering column, but there is a row of fuses (fuses A-F) missing. Does anyone know where the fuse is for the passenger window?
Also where will the motor be for the window and is there a way i can test/bypass it to narrow down the fault???
all help greatfully received.

{correct year edited into header}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/07/2009 at 11:18

99 2.0 Fuse Layout / Electric Window Motor - Robin the Technician
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem with my '02 Pug- however, I can't find any reference to a fuse to control the motor. I've even looked at the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual and it looks a simple two wires that are inverted for up/down. At the moment all I've done is think about looking at it in more detail - however I was told that a corroded multiplug on the motor is something that can happen.

Regards

Robin the Technician
99 2.0 Fuse Layout / Electric Window Motor - ianjoh
Hi, I had a similar problem with my 2.0 hdi n/s/f window.
I could hear the motor click to raise the window when it was at the top, but was silent when the button was pressed to lower it, so in effect it would only go up.
The fault was with the switch on the drivers side door, I didnt change just the switch but the entire assembly with all the switches and mirror controls etc - got one from a local breakers and done it there and then.
There is a small cover in the bottom of the door handle which will pop out with a flat bladed driver to reveal a torx screw that holds it in place, the connectors are a bit fiddly.
Ian
99 2.0 Fuse Layout / Electric Window Motor - Robin the Technician
I've got nothing coming out of my motor - so i guess nothing is getting to it or the motor has failed. If weather allows I 'might' get the test meter out at the weekend to see if I can find the fault.