Eyesight tests after accidents? - OldSock
Does anyone know if drivers are routinely asked to submit to an eyesight test following a major 'incident', in the same way as being breathalysed? Obviously a check would be made as to whether they were wearing glasses/contacts at the time.

I wonder how many people have nipped to the paper shop, for example, without bothering to find their specs?
Eyesight tests after accidents? - FotheringtonThomas
Does anyone know if drivers are routinely asked to submit to an eyesight test following
a major 'incident' in the same way as being breathalysed?

Very few are, I should think.

I wonder how many people have nipped to the paper shop for example without bothering
to find their specs?

Hopefully none, as it is a stupid thing to do, like driving in the dark with your lights off.
Eyesight tests after accidents? - OldSock
Hopefully none as it is a stupid thing to do like driving in the dark
with your lights off.

..or driving after consuming a couple pints..
Eyesight tests after accidents? - FotheringtonThomas
>> Hopefully none as it is a stupid thing to do like driving in the
>> dark with your lights off.
..or driving after consuming a couple pints..

But that could be completely legitimate (or the opposite, of course). Driving without being able to see properly is *always* a bad idea.
Eyesight tests after accidents? - Dwight Van Driver
That is a good point Ancient Hose.

But like everything else to protect the 'rights' of a driver then can only be requested where there is evidence to support such a request

RTA 1988

A constable having reason to suspect that a person driving a motor vehicle may be guilty of an offence may require him to submit to a test for the purpose of ascertaining whether, using no other means of correction than he used at the time of driving, he can comply with the requirement concerned.

(3) If that person refuses to submit to the test he is guilty of an offence.

Because someone runs into the back ofg tyhe vehicle doesn't necessaril;y mean bad eyesight.

Must admit in the old days while sat in the patrol car taking statements I would, now and again, ask the driver to read out a number plate ahead. (Many a time without a valid reason.....)

dvd

dvd
Eyesight tests after accidents? - L'escargot
What about a "psychological compatibility with driving" test? This might weed out some of the hotheads.

Edited by L'escargot on 10/07/2009 at 15:21