08 2.3 Fuel Grade?? - fredthefifth
Hi,

The dealer says that the SAAb 9-5 HOT will run on 'ordinary' unleaded but the car manual says its requires 98 RON which super unleaded. Obviously I will play safe and go with the book, but is there scope for running 95 RON?

Regards.
FTF
08 2.3 Fuel Grade?? - a900ss
Hi,

Although I have a different car, 9-3 Turbo (220 ish horses as it is stage 1), my car has been going into 'anti-knock' mode recently and pulling the boost back when using regular 95 fuel. Possibly as a result of the hot weather.

However I put some Tesco 99 RON fuel in today and the boost went back to normal after several miles of driving when the higher octane fuel kicked in.

08 2.3 Fuel Grade?? - fredthefifth
FYI - the advice I am getting on another forum is that the ECU will adjust to the RON and using 95 RON will not damage anything, however the car will run better on 98 RON or above.
HTH.
FTF
08 2.3 Fuel Grade?? - eastenddoy
hi the RON rateting of how a big bang you get from the fuel a 95 will not have a bigger bang to a 98 one if you could get the old five star it would go even better but you cannot get it any more
08 2.3 Fuel Grade?? - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
I'd recommen the use of the 98 octane fuel anyway particularly BP Ultimate/ shell Optimax. Better power and more economy plus you are getting the benefit of the additive package not found in the supermarket stuff