North Wales Police Donate Eisteddfod Chair - Scorpio Mike
I am sure all motorists plus the spoilt tourist industry of North Wales will be astounded that Our Favourite druid. The Chief Constable of North Wales has generously donated £3450 to purchase a special wooden chair for a poetry festival.

When I say donated,the money comes out of Police Funds. ie Tax Payers money.

Arrogance! It's not strong enough is it?

If anyone has the name and address of the Chair of the Police authority for North Wales I would be grateful and I will bombard him and the local MP

Edited by rtj70 on 29/06/2009 at 17:25

Arrogance!! - moonshine {P}

Ah yes, but at £3450 it must be a very nice chair...
Arrogance!! - OldSock
If anyone has the name and address of the Chair of the Police authority for
North Wales........

Looks like it's already gone... :-)
North Wales - Who Cares? - Armitage Shanks {p}
The cost of this chair is miniscule, compared with the overall police budget, and is relevant to the Welsh. There is probably a contingency fund for this sort of thing or perhaps it was funded by the sale of lost property in North Wales? It doesn't sound too bad and much as I dislike Brainstorm I'm not going to get my blood pressure up or lose any sleep over £3000 being spent. At least is accounted for properly, unlike some MPs' expenses!

Edited by rtj70 on 29/06/2009 at 17:21

North Wales - Who Cares? - Rattle
I am dreading the A55 trip, as it involves pretty much the entire section I doubt we will be watching the traffic but watching the speedo the entire journey. I may just drive there at 11mph the entire way that will keep Mr Zero-tolerence-destroying-wales-hyprocrite happy.

North Wales - Who Cares? - rtj70
If you drive at 11mph you will likely be stopped by the police and tested for drugs. Use this opportunity to learn how to gauge speed without always looking at the speedometer. You should learn that in a given gear what the engine sounds like and the position of the accelerator etc.

I don't think the donation of the chair is arrogant. It will mean a lot to the people taking part in the Eisteddfod.
North Wales - Who Cares? - tack
It's nice to see a bit of sense now and again, isn't it? The newspapers like to put a spin on things so that Mr Apoplectic can have a thrombo about a terrible waste of taxpayers money. The truth of the matter is probably much more benign that most would want to believe, but in this day of whipping up a frenzy over expenses and tax payers money, it makes good press for the newspapers concerned. After all, it is in our psyche to pee, whine and moan. At least it is £3.5k less for surveillance.

Edited by rtj70 on 29/06/2009 at 18:00

North Wales - Who Cares? - madf
I pay taxes to the police to police.
Period.

If they want to give money away, let them have a whip round. they are paid well enough.

I pay their wages: to police.. I don't pay taxes for chairs etc..

Spending other people's money is so easy...
North Wales - Who Cares? - Pugugly
Policing also involves engaging with communities in positive ways. Anyway he's retired as of the 1st of July. As for the OP's original question on where the PA live in North Wales I'm sure if you Google it you'll find it. Motoring link is very tenuous - he wouldn't be allowed to spend hypothicated speeding fines in this way. In the absence of a motoring led discussion, this will be locked.