Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - Deskpilot
Having had to wait some two and a half hours in my Honda dealer showroom recently whilst my CRV was having a 25000 mile service, (I was promised it would take one and a half hours) I had plenty of time to inspect the new cars on display.

I must say that I was very impressed with Honda Jazz Ex model and spent quite a while assessing it's suitability in the event of my deciding to downsize from my CRV, since it provided excellent storage and passenger accessibility.

Needless to say, their demonstrator was not there at that particular time, but I did drive the earler Jazz loaned to me as a courtesy car and found the reflection of the fascia top to be rather annoying.

On the new model, the windsceen seems even greater in depth and angle and I could see a some reflection in the showroom model with the plastic roof covered by the sun screen.

I would be grateful if any owners of the new Honda Jazz would let me have their views on whether they find reflections in the windscreen a problem, please. (I know I'm rather "picky" but please bear with me!!!)
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - Mebo
I have the new Jazz and the dash does at times reflect on the screen. But in my opinion it is not intrusive. However I am sure that it could become an irritant for some.
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - Pugugly
Or a pair of Polarized shades - brilliant for unwanted reflections !
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - ifithelps
Googling the obvious produces:

tinyurl.com/mksskx

An Australian company selling what could best be described as fitted carpets for dashboards.

Mostly aimed at preventing the original plastic cracking through heat, such an item would also prevent reflections.

Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - Paphian
Unfortunately this doesn't help. The new Jazz is particularly prone to reflections from the top of the dash and especially from the top of the instrument binnacle and can be a pain on bright days, especially for taller drivers. Polariod sunglasses don't help significantly.

The reflections are probably the poorest part of the design of this car, though the over-sensitive brakes are close, which is a pity as the car is much better on the road than the old model, with more comfortable seats and much improved ride and road-holding.
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - racso
I was recently going through a road with trees and bushes each side with a bright sun shining through. When the sun was reflecting on my dash as I was entering the shadows it wasn't good,(blinding in fact) so we are going to source a non reflective material to lay on the dash.
Other wise a great little car, struggles a bit on steep hills but it is a small engine and with 50+ mpg I can forgive a lot. Strange as it seems, when I'm in it it seems a lot bigger than when I look at it from out side. Also I feel I am going a hell of a lot faster than the speedo indicates. Must be to do with a short bonnet making me feel closer to the roar surface in front.
No tickets yet so the speedo must be right.
Polarized sunglasses will solve this.
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - oldgit
There are many car, both new and old where ill chosen materials and colours for fascias and dashboards are just not considered at the design stage and, frankly, some designers need sacking.
My new Golf MK6, excellent car though it is, suffers from some stupid design faults now. They've surrounded most orifices and knobs with bling trim and, as a result, the side air vents are visible in the side windows during the hours of daylight and so when you look in the door mirrors you can see the air vents and their bright metallic surrounds - daft or what?
However, some prestige cars with leather and cloth interiors seem to have very pale colours on the upper surfaces of their fascias and this is ridiculous as you have that reflection in your windscreen all the time and not the 'blackness' that would be preferable.

To my mind, at lot of car interior design is steadily on a downhill slope and not really contributing to driver comfort and safety.
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - chainmale
I have an 09 Jazz ES. Due to the reflection issues in certain lighting conditions, I would have to say that this is the most unsafe car I have ever driven. At times on country roads with trees I am forced to almost come to a standstill in case I can't see pedestrians. With only 600 miles on the clock I am getting rid of this car immediately before I kill someone.
Honda should be ashamed and recall this car.
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - Dutchie
We own the 08 model jazz ctv auto Ihave no problem with the dash regarding reflection its a shame this is a problem with the new jazz.The brother in law gave me a lift in his citroen c5 large car and there was reflection in his windscreen.I have not driven the new jazz so i have to find out for myself.I have pescription glasses with a dark tint and i where them most of the time if its bright outside a great help.
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - Deskpilot
I raised this question originally because I thought it could be a problem for me if I bought one, because I know I am easily niggled about such things, whereas, most people just don't seem to notice (or, perhaps, care).

Like you I felt that I couldn't live with it!!!

I am most sorry that you feel that you have to get rid of what is otherwise a well designed car.

It's not just cars that have this problem as I found out when I had a go in a Eurofighter the other day.

''Mach 2'' and "20,000ft" reflected on the inside of the cockpit, clear as a bell.
They all do that - according to BiL who flies them.
With all that writing in their way, it's hardly surprising our Top Guns couldn't find any Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Polarized sun-glasses cured this minor glitch in my old Roomster.
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - Bill Payer
It's there (obviously) in our Jazz but it doesn't bother me, and I'm usually terribly affected by minor irritations.

Perhaps a matt trim cleaner would alleviate matters.

Many recent VAG group cars have shiny rings around the dash air vents and their reflection really dominates the view in the side mirrors.
Reflection of fascia panel (top) on windscreen - Avant
The silliest reflection I've come across was a chrome surround to the instrumant pod in a SAAB 9.3 that I test drove a couple of years ago. It reflected in the windscreen as an oblique line right in front of your eyes.

SAAB need someone like Erik Carlsson, who used to test drive them in their heyday.