Car Hire Excess Insurance - any recommendations - Rustyw
I will be making several trips to France and Italy over the coming few months and am considering buying an annual car hire excess insurance policy. Internet quotes start at around £30 with most companies around the £40 mark. Does anyone have any particular recommendations? Has anyone had problems claiming from companies offering particularly cheap premiums?

Thanks for any advice.
Car Hire Excess Insurance - any recommendations - Armitage Shanks {p}
When I was travelling a lot I used insurance4carhire.com. £49 for a year's cover in Europe. I had to claim once and it took about a month to settle. I lost out a little on the exchange rate but it was better than being £750 out of pocket and I could have gained! I wouldn't travel without cover of some sort like that and I wouldn't buy it from a rental compamy - very expensive!
Car Hire Excess Insurance - any recommendations - Rustyw
I found one company offering cover for £39 for a year but a Google search uncovered lots of unhappy customers. Like anything else, I suppose you generally get what you pay for.
Car Hire Excess Insurance - any recommendations - rtj70
I have only called on this type of cover once. Hire via Holiday Auto who I believe pass on this to a company mentioned already. My hire car was a right off and I paid nothing apart from the differences in Exchange rate. I paid initially and claimed back.

If it is not your fault and you then get the money back from the hire company (I did) you then have to repay Holiday Auto or whoever.