Do you think this is a good deal ? - wadaw
Hi all,

I have been offered the following on a Freelander 2 GSe 2.2 Man - brand new unregistered :

Discount price to £22728

PX Allowance £12000 (2007 07 Focus ST3 - 17,000 Miles)

0% Finance for 2 years.

Seems to be a decent deal - several dealers I tried just wouldn't budge on price !

Edited by Pugugly on 25/06/2009 at 18:25

Freelander 2 - do you think this is a good deal ? - guss
Drive the deal doing this model for £21,771 inc delivery and road tax. I didnt think freelanders were selling that well may be room for further discount !!
Freelander 2 - do you think this is a good deal ? - Avant
Drivethedeal are fine as long as you don't want PX, which it looks as if Wadaw does.

Edited by Avant on 25/06/2009 at 00:23

Do you think this is a good deal ? - ukjazz
The cost of change is the key on this deal, are you happy with the diff you are paying out?

If so then please check exactly when this vehicle was built either by looking at the VIN plate or the date on the seat belt tags or if the dealer is customer focussed the spec of the car + dates. Is it a 2009 & half spec?
Then check what a 2 year [or more} LR GS is worth as a trade in , at a guess around £9k at present.
The choice is yours, if you like then go back for more, full tank of fuel etc etc, the dealer must be willing to meet you if he has a buyer/outlet for your car.
Do you think this is a good deal ? - bazza
No I really think it is poor value and you're literally throwing money away. Quick search on Auto Trader shows any number of dealers offering nearly new with just a couple of thousand on the clock for 17 to 19K, so you're going to lose 3 to 4K the moment you drive away. And you'll lose a further 7 or 8K in the first year!!! ( Although to be fair, any large luxury car is in the same boat there!).
Only my thoughts, you did ask the question!! Good luck with whatever you decide!
Do you think this is a good deal ? - Mr X
There's no such thing as a good deal when it comes to giving money to Land Rover.
Once you have a piece of their junk on your drive, the troubles will begin. You'll be amazed just how disinterested they dealer will become as you make your monthly visits with one niggling fault after another.

Then there is deprecation. You'd better be thinking of it as a long term keeper because when you've had enough of the aggro in 2 years time, your jaw will hit the floor at the amount of money it will have lost.
Do you think this is a good deal ? - midlifecrisis
Friend has a new shape Freelander diesel and has had one for two years. He bought it for towing and has never had a moments trouble with it. Very nice car to travel in and looks good as well.
Do you think this is a good deal ? - audiA6tdi
Brother in law has just brought one brand new from local dealer and got 14% off - Colliers in Sutton Coldfield.

I remember seeing an advert on this site a while back now offering the GS - or whatever the base model is for around £17k brand new or with delivery miles. Cant think what company it was.

I did look at one for the wife but instead went for an audi TT TDI. I know completely different cars but they were the two she narrowed down that she liked.
We had a freelander 2.2 auto GS on a weekend test-drive. Nice car to drive but I thought the equipment was a bit sparse and the major factor was resale value.
If your set on one (and they are a good car if you get it in the right spec such as an SE) then I would look at buying a second hand one.
A lot of Land Rover dealers have large amounts of pre reg stock of the Freelanders.

We are hoping to have kids within the next year or two so I the TT will have to go and will have held on to its money well, so I will certainly look at a Freelander again.
Do you think this is a good deal ? - Nsar
Have you experienced this first hand or is this just flannel?

Our 53 plate Freelander has had one minor niggle with the heater controls - fixed without a problem and a turbo sensor went at about 60k.

It is also a decent off-roader, limited only by ground clearance.

Do you think this is a good deal ? - Mr X
As some one who has read HJ's Telegraph column for many years, any one who asked about the purchase of a Land Rover product was nearly all ways steered in the direction of anything but. I have owned 6 of their contraptions in my driving career and needed a good blow to the head before I woke up to the fact that they manufacture junk and that for years they have been living on some over hyped image rugged reliability.
Do you think this is a good deal ? - cjehuk
I think that looks a very good deal to be honest, the PX allowance is good considering the market for high emissions vehicles currently. Both my father and my father in law have Freelander 2s and have had no issues with them and a friend has a Range Rover TDV8 and hasn't had any problems either. Personally if I could cope with the monthly payment (and the finance is a good deal too) then I'd go for it and enjoy that new car feeling.
Do you think this is a good deal ? - injection doc
I have Freelander 2 Auto & its been absolutley fine & has only been back to the dealer for its first service. yes you loose a hunk of money but that applies to most cars. I just wanted one brandnew so I knew how it had been driven & treated & no miss fuels.
I have towed a 30ft twin axle in europe no problem & managed Med to calais in 11.5hrs towing so didn't hang about.
Very comfotable on a long run.
Did have a big thirst brandnew but now run in it averages 29mpg running about & 42 on a long run at 65 & 37mpg at 75mph
I did borrow a manual one for 2 days when mine in for service & box heavey & less peformance than auto & not as good on fuel
In the sales bumf it quotes auto as quicker 0-60 than manual. I have to say the auto feels well beefed up for performance.
Look after and enjoy
Do you think this is a good deal ? - nick
I know someone with a new Freelander. It's been ok apart from a water leak into the car from the high-level brake light and a rattle from the drivers door. Both were fixed but a little disappointing.