Subaru Outback...falling prices - legacylad
For the past week I have walked past a '55 plate Outback for sale privately. It is not for me...I always want a sunroof, and would like blue with cream leather..this one is green. However, it does look immaculate both inside and out (cloth interior)...decent T &T, MOT, full main dealer service history and the most surprising thing is it's sticker price of.......£3995. Looks like that Spec B is getting closer to my budget!
Subaru Outback...falling prices - Martin Devon
What spec is it? I have just looked at glass's guide and for a 55 with 80k rn spec they say £5190 for below average condition for a trade in?????

Where is this car. I guess there must be a catch.

Best regards.........MD
Subaru Outback...falling prices - Collos25
Subaru are very difficult to sell second hand a very limited customer base, heavy on petrol,small dealer network and expensive parts.The few I see going through the auction never fetch anything like book and the ones on forcourts seem to stay there a long time.
Subaru Outback...falling prices - Martin Devon
Thanks AB

Best reg's...MD
Subaru Outback...falling prices - Mapmaker
Book for my 2006 55 Legacy is 10% above where it was when I bought it in January. Allow for the extra six months in age, and it's well above.
Subaru Outback...falling prices - boxsterboy
..this one is green. >>

That might be part of the problem. A lot of people don't like green cars.
Subaru Outback...falling prices - bhoy wonder
Where is this car as I could be interested in this.
Located in Settle, N Yorks. Seen it again this am...First reg Nov 2005. Tax & Mot until Nov '09.
If it is ok with the Mods I can always put the advertisers mobile number on this site if anyone is interested.
As stated above, green is not a popular colour (my previous green Legacy estate took me 6 months to sell privately, the blue one sold within weeks) and it has a cloth interior...most have leather I think.
Subaru Outback...falling prices - Happy Blue!
I don't want to be reading this thread!!!

Subaru Outback...falling prices - Alby Back
Is yours green Espada ? I am not superstitious. However, I have had 40 odd cars, only two of them were green. Coincidentally, those were the only two cars I've ever had accidents in.

I can't explain it either. Weird eh ?
Subaru Outback...falling prices - MVP
I can't explain it either. Weird eh ?

Is it because people can't see the car for the trees?

MVP
Subaru Outback...falling prices - Happy Blue!
Mine is light metallic green (or gold as the DVLA calls it).

Had two accidents. One was the snow you know about and one when I reversed into a tree and needed a new bumper.

I had a dark blue Volvo S80 which was rammed up the back a few years ago.

A red Honda which was broken into and also I rolled into a farm gate damaging one headlamp washer.

So I am not colour prejudiced!
Subaru Outback...falling prices - Falkirk Bairn
FoF T/I a 56 Reg 3 ltr Outback - 25K mls and got £9K - on invoice it showed as £2000 disc on new car and £7k as T/I

On sale at £10K on 4 court - might be tempted but not at £10K - need the cash for petrol.
His average was 22mpg.
Subaru Outback...falling prices - Mercian
I've just bought an approved 3.0R Outback on a '56 plate with 12.5k for £12.5k and I'm very pleased with it - I thought it was quite reasonable as it was immaculate inside and out, the colour and interior were what I wanted and the dealer was exceptionally pleasent to deal with. It's taxed it for the full year and I'm getting 24mpg but as my miles had dropped significantly it wasn't an issue - and no worse than previous petrol autos I've had. Was so impressed I bought an approved Forester for the other half. I don't think the dealer could believe his luck - it was a Sunday after all...
Update.
The 55 plate 2.5 Outback is still for sale...now reduced to £3495 ono.To recap...green over grey, 3 owners, FSH, cloth trim and no sunroof. High miles, now on 117k. First owner for 3 years was International Motors, the current owner has had the vehicle since Nov '08 and runs the Outback as his second car.
Having spoken to him it seems a genuine sale. It has probably not sold for several reasons... I think a belt change is imminent and could be costly...first one done at 65k...low mpg (probably mid 20's), manual (is this good or bad?) wrong colour and not leather interior, most Outbacks have a large sunroof, and next year's VED may be £300+?
I can see it dropping to £3k in the not too distant future, when it should make a sound buy if you plan to run it for a few years, have a good indie and can afford the petrol.

Edited by legacylad on 17/08/2009 at 22:01