97 3.3 Dash / Speedo Fault - Phil68
Hi There,

Many months ago I had a problem with my alarm and dash board display going out intermitantly. I followed Merlin Tec's advice and smacked the top of the dash as hard as I could and.........HEY PRESTO has worked fine ever since.

BUT it has revealed another problem which I have lived with, but is now really getting up my nose, RIGHT UP!!

When you turn on the ignition the speedo goes straight to 30mph and the rev counter up to 500rpm, consequently when you are driving 30mph it reads 60, 40=70mph and so on, you get the idea.
PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP
Many Thanks
Phil
97 3.3 Dash / Speedo Fault - MerlinTec
Hi
ignition off press and hold the tip button then turn on the ignition still holding the trip. The dash should then do a self test and go back to normal. If this doesn't work I'll recheck I have it correct as I am going from memory.
Hi and thank you for your help, sadly it has made no difference to the fault. The dash carried out it's checks and finished with the rev counter still at 500rpm and the speedo still at 30mph.
Also after numerous combinations of button pushing...........it was the trip AND the reset held together for the self test :-)
Phil
Hi
knew it was something like that, did it the rev and speedo needles move to all different positions ok. dealer can calibrate the cluster was hoping you wouldn't need to.
Hi There,
Both needles moved to different positions together, as well as the fuel and temp. The fuel and temp both returned to the start but the rev and speedo parked back at 500rpm and 30mph. Do you think this is a dealer reset job?
Best Regards
Phil
Hi
Looks that way or a new board.