Speeding ticket shambles - Mr X
tinyurl.com/ndplsc

I wonder what they regret most, the fact that allegedly speeding motorists have escaped the prospect of prosecution or the fact that a nice wedge in fine money has been lost ?
Speeding ticket shambles - nicam
How do you think your employer would react is you lost them £126900 of income because you didn`t do your job correctly? (Thats 2115 times £60, by the way).
I think they got off lightly.
Speeding ticket shambles - Armitage Shanks {p}
They are are Civil Servants and are largely un-sackable; verbal warning, written caution, written reprimand, final warning, re-training, 6 months probation etc. It takes years to get rid of anyone, speaking as a Civil Servant BTW!
Speeding ticket shambles - martint123
They are are Civil Servants and are largely un-sackable; verbal warning written caution written reprimand
final warning re-training 6 months probation etc. It takes years to get rid of anyone
speaking as a Civil Servant BTW!

Followed by a cast iron, inflation proof pension.
Speeding ticket shambles - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
As an ex-civil servant (and a pensioner), I must point out in the event of having being sacked, the civil service pension is likely to have been lost as well as the job. Rules are rules.

I thought this site revelled in the chance to 'get off' speeding by eliciting technical errors in administration of the system?
Speeding ticket shambles - Armitage Shanks {p}
Yes GWS but they aren't usually sacked, they resign on the grounds of ill-health except in the most blatant cases of wrongdoing. Did the Harringey Child Department/Baby P person lose her pension? Last I heard she was suing for £700K compensation

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 23/06/2009 at 18:49

Speeding ticket shambles - ifithelps
'Totally unacceptable' bellows the IPCC.

And what happens?

..."One person was given an oral warning and a second has been moved from the unit, the IPCC said"...

I bet that really sent shockwaves through the unit.

As regards a sacked civil servant losing his or her pension, it's virtually unheard of.

Needs a special order from the Home Secretary.

If someone has paid into a scheme for X number of years, and does something stupid tomorrow, you can't take those historic contributions off them - bit like demanding their previous 10 years wages back.

If sacked, they are denied the opportunity of contributing further.
The whole ' road safety " side of this giant machine has been lost in the murky waters of ' income generated ".
The abiding interest seems to be to just get tickets out as fast as possible and claw the money in. Corners cut, slap dash procedures, wrongly posted limits and signs. Example after example pops up in the media on an almost weekly basis.
and another one

tinyurl.com/lgycjy

Never has a law been acted out in such a haphazard, anything goes way, than that surrounding the operation of speed cameras and the resultant prosecutions.