Laguna II - v - Bora - Jeremy
I am ready to order a new company car and have narrowed down my choce to (for various family, cost and tax reasons) either the Laguna II 1.9 dCi (Privilege) or the Bora S 1.9 Tdi (90bhp)
The former has the room and the "features" (apart from giving a sunroof and full airconditioning) I am still at a loss why both are fitted - sunroofs lower the ceiling height and for anyone over 6'2" can brush your hair, which is annoying, though with the seat fully lowered this is not a problem.
The latter has a comfortable drive but is basic
So the question is does the comfort & fittings make up for any "alledged" road / driving shortfall?

Jeremy
Re: Laguna II - v - Bora - honest john
Check your BIK tax position carefully before going for either. (See the FAQ answer about this: you will need both the CO2 output of both cars and the list price to work out your tax liability). The Bora is more of a long-term car than the Laguna. The Laguna is much better looking and more comfortable. If it's not your own money at stake, I'd go for the Laguna.

HJ
Re: Laguna II - v - Bora - Simon Whaites
I would have to agree that the Laguna makes more sense here seeing as it is a company car (so long as it costs less) but showing how looks are a subjective thing I think the Lagunas rump is okay but the front is awful, the grill looks plain odd, wheras the Bora is both IMO better look and won't such a common sight on the roads.

Si
Re: Laguna II - v - Bora - Jeremy
I have checked both the Bora has a CO2 of 145 and the Laguna 146
the list prices are very similar with the Bora being a tad more expensive

The Bora is a neat looker and not as common but I haven't seen a new Laguna yet on the road - its a hell of a lot nicer looing than the old one
waiting time for the Laguna is now September... is this due to demand or poor service though?

Jeremy
Re: Laguna II - v - Bora - honest john
French national holiday. August.

HJ