04 TD auto - strange lurching. - tiles
i have a vauxhall vectra TD sri automatic and manual 04 reg and have had several occassions were my car has moved forwards and backwards (like a lurching movement) and then returns to its orginal position the engine was also not running at the time this has happened when parked on a slop and on flat ground has anybody else experienced any similar problem or have any ideals what could be causing this problem
thankingyou. DESPERATE TO SOLVE PROBLEM I HAVE TAKEN IT TO A GARAGE AND THEY HAVE SAID THE CAR IS IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER
caroline

Edited by Pugugly on 16/06/2009 at 11:55

04 TD auto - strange lurching. - Armitage Shanks {p}
How can your car be automatic AND manual? Whichever it is, unless I am misreading your post, I can think of no way in which a car can move backwards and forwards with the engine not running.
04 TD auto - strange lurching. - Dynamic Dave
How can your car be automatic AND manual?

AS, if it's the same autobox as mine, then you can move the gearstick across to the left and then it becomes a tiptronic type gearbox.

Re; the OPs post. Only thing I can think of is the handbrake fault, but that wouldn't put the car back in the same position as it was previously.

tinyurl.com/ce7nu5 (links to the Vosa recall website)
04 TD auto - strange lurching. - Armitage Shanks {p}
Thanks DD - I thought of that AFTER I posted! I still can't work the lurching though!