03 2.0 Seperating drive shaft from CV - napple
Please please can someone help :0(
Firstly sorry for the mess concerning grammar just about to come from this post i am posting on behalf of my husband and am so upset and stressed out.

We have an 2003 toyota avensis verso which we have had since birth my hubby is a vet so we need the car for him to do his job. Previously we have always had company cars so never been responsible for probs with cars but were convinced due to tax reasons into buying and using our own. Anyway some 100,000 miles later the car has been great but has steadily been having things go wrong with it namely recently the knocking and my husband and his friend who is very experinced with cars ( BUT NOT A MECHANIC ) decided it needed the cv joints replaced and ball thingys.
The car was working fine but as its MOT was due end of June they decided 2 weekends ago they would replace the above things anyway after working all day sat and sunday they could not seperate the cv joints from the drive shaft on one side so the car had to be left some 50 miles away on jacks and we had to borrow a friends car.
After much searching motor factors thinking to simply replace the driveshaft for a new or reconditioned one with cv joints already attached we drew a blank nowhere has any available and we were told the only option was to send our driveshaft away to be reconditioned. I phoned today to see if it was back and the motor factor informed us the company who do this had to send it back that they could not recondition it as they could not get the joint off the drive shaft.
The plan had been to take the reconditioned driveshaft up to our friends get it fitted and get the car back home obviously this is not going to be the case.

Although this might not be a big deal to others its absoutely traumatising me i'm in floods of tears stressed out as to what to do now we have been told in order to get a brand new drive shaft you can only get them from toyota and it'll be £600 not including any labour.
I just wish he had gotten rid of this car last year when things had started to go wrong and now its sitting in miles away off the road with no clear way of sorting this nightmare out..
Any advise would be much appreciated.

Edited by Pugugly on 15/06/2009 at 18:27

03 2.0 Please help Seperating Drive Shaft from Cv - bathtub tom
Scrapyards?

If you look around the internet you'll find you can specify a part and scrapyards will offer it to you - I can't find one at the moment.

It means you don't know how good the CV will be, but even if you use it as an exchange for a rebuilt one it'll probably be much cheaper than a new one.
03 2.0 Please help Seperating Drive Shaft from Cv - pmh2
Several on EBay but without car details petrol/Diesel? difficult to help!

You need somebody who can tell you whther Verso is the same mechanically as saloon estate etc

p
03 2.0 Please help Seperating Drive Shaft from Cv - napple
Hi its a 2003 2.0 diesel and yes it seems the avensis has different parts to the avensis verso i only know this as this week we have ordered from companies who input the actual car registration in when searching parts, we ordered cv joints and ball joints from 2 seperate companies both came neither fit they must be for the plain avensis as they are entirely different to the verso.

03 2.0 Please help Seperating Drive Shaft from Cv - napple
Thats the problem tho everytime i order parts for this car even with the registration plate number they send me the wrong parts.
I have ordered cv joints they came they were wrong, and i just ordered ball joints directly from a company onlineautomotive and they arrived and are completely different to the ball joints on the car hence are the wrong ones.
The worry is when ordering any other parts will they end up being the wrong ones :0(

Still not managed to locate something to solve this problem i have no idea what we are going to do :0(
03 2.0 Please help Seperating Drive Shaft from Cv - madf
You should ask on the Toyota Forum.. and search there...

toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showforum=51

I have found Toyota dealers very helpful and cheap - over the phone.

Parts King - see the Toyota Forum will sell to you mail order (He's a Toyota Dealer Spares guy )