Tyres for a Volvo 850 - 205/50 R 16 87 W - NigelFN
Can anyone make a suggestion on the best, reasonably priced tyre for the above spec?

I've already got over the initial shock of just how much tyres cost for this size (T5 wheels, apparently), but I want to ensure that my money is well spent.

So far, I've been offered
Firestone, Uniroyal, Pirelli / Dunlop (*), F1 Goodyear, (*) and Bridgestone SD3?

(*) were recommended as being good.

Comments, please.
Tyres for a Volvo 850 - 205/50 R 16 87 W - smokie
I bought B F Goodrich as replacements for my Pirelli's on an Omega MV6 (235/45 ZR17), they were £320ish for all four, saving me £100 against the Pirellis (or £300 against top quote which came from a fast fit tyre chain)

They are made by one of the majors, and are wearing well 10k on...
Tyres for a Volvo 850 - 205/50 R 16 87 W - PhilDews
Have a look at www.etyres.co.uk/ and see how much they are quoting for the tyres...

They seem pretty reasonable.
Tyres for a Volvo 850 - 205/50 R 16 87 W - teabelly
I have just bought a set of uniroyals from etyres, had them fitted on Friday. Good service and a good price I thought. It's great to be able to sit at home while having tyres fitted rather in one of those fast fit centres.

I had a look on their site but they don't seem to do the uniroyals in the size and rating needed for the T5, not in my postcode area anyway.
teabelly
Tyres for a Volvo 850 - 205/50 R 16 87 W - MarkyMarkD
I also had a tyre fitted by etyres (at work) and was very impressed - turned up when promised, fitted tyre quickly and politely. No hassle at all.

Far better than driving to a fast fit centre, sitting around waiting, and then finding they haven't got what you want in stock ...

No upselling pressure or anything like that either when you order on-line.

Strongly recommended.
Tyres for a Volvo 850 - 205/50 R 16 87 W - Crombster
I am happy with my Continental Contact Sport's, not overly expensive but pretty good traction wet or dry.
Tyres for a Volvo 850 - 205/50 R 16 87 W - Cyrill666 {P}
I've used Continental Premuim Contacts for 18 months now... very impressed with them, average wear I would say, but the car sticks to the road in all conditions.

I've got two DUNLOP SP Sport 9000 205/50 ZR 16 that have only covered approximately 500 miles knocking about in the garage - if you're interested, email me.

Cheers,
Cyrill666
Tyres for a Volvo 850 - 205/50 R 16 87 W - Cyrill666 {P}
Sorry... the tyres covered the mileage on my Vectra, not whilst knocking about in the garage... lol

It's late, humour me.

Kind regards,
Cyrill666