05 2.0 remote on passenger door - geeljay
My remote fails to unlock the passenger door. Other doors and boot seem fine. Passenger door can be opened from inside. Any clues if I am doing something wrong, or do I have a remote locking problem. Both keys have good batteries
05 2.0 remote on passenger door - Dave_TD
Does the passenger door lock/unlock when you use the key the old fashined way in the door lock? Or when you sit in the drivers seat and lock/unlock the car from inside?

If the passenger door doesn't lock/unlock at all unless you move the passenger door handle yourself it will either be a faulty lock motor or a loose wiring connection affecting that door only.

HTH,

Dave TD
Thanks Dave. The passenger door unlocks from inside. But seems erratic when using the manual unlock. So I will have a look to see if I can spot a loose connection.
Update Dave TD. As my passenger opens the door, she was depressing the interior door lock with thumb. Reset and now works on the remote. So pleased. The model is 05 and I purchased with only 14k of use on speedo (verified). Only owned it since April, and was otherwise dead chuffed with the car. Given only one month warrantee by (Ford) dealership, so I was outside of that. And I thought (pessimist!) is this where probs start. Oh me of little faith. Thanks again for your prompt rescue.
05 2.0 remote on passenger door - Dave_TD
Easily done, glad it's sorted out now.

Dave TD