01 2.0 Strange non starting fault - rsooty
I have a peugeot 406 2.0 HDi RHZ 2001 with air con. A few months ago a valve snapped and mashed the engine up quite badly. Since then I have replaced the engine with another RHZ and put new belts on.
Since the new engine has been in I have had more issues. Firstly it was flashing up the engine antipollution device warning so I have swapped the EGR valve with the one from the old engine.
Today I had the faults cleared from when I put the EGR valve on. Went to start it and it wouldn't fire up. It is turning over but not firing. I knew it had low fuel but still some in but because my fuel gauge was low I put 5L of diesel in anyway, bled up and it started. Got less than half a mile and it cut out again. I was close to a petrol station so decided to put another 5 litres in. Did the same again and it started again. Got about 100yards and it stopped again. Decided to call AA. He checked tank fuel pump, was fine. Fuel getting up to filter no problem. Plugged computer in and it showed cam shaft intermittent fault. Changed cam shaft, started no problem. Left idling about 3 mins, cut out. Still struggles to start.
I have ran out of things to check and refuse to pay peugeot loads of money for them to tell me they dont know whats wrong.
Any ideas would be very welcome.
Cheers